Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How and When yardage reductions

7K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  V10 
#1 ·
Two questions...
Regarding the new yardage reductions being offered. I'm a new shooter, 8/11 first shoot, shooting from the 21 with an avg of 90.8% in my last 11 shoots (one low score discarded because it was more than 10% below my avg.), in the central zone.

By the new rules, I am qualified for a 2 yd deduction I believe. (please correct me if I am wrong)

1. How and when should I expect to be notified?

2. What would you do in my shoes? (if you want to look up my stats at ATA before you answer, Chip Porter, IL)

I'm very interested in the opinions regarding #2.

Regards,
Chip

#53 ·
V10-
There must be one more item that Kathy didn't mention other than paid member, shot caps, and below the break point. My son and I each earned a punch in our last 1000 targets, and even though our average is well below the break point, no reduction was given.

Joe Smoke

#55 ·
Just received this email message from Kathy:

"Just an FYI in case you are asked why their 2 yard reduction is not on their records yet?

I have been doing this for two days now and it looks like I am able to process around 3000 to 4000 a day.

Therefore it is going to take me about a 6 to 7 days to complete all of the reviews. I just want to let you know, so you have an answer for them.

And I misinterpreted my instructions on providing each of you a list after I am done with this huge review of all your shooters in your state that has received the 2-yard reduction. You can expect that sometime next week.

I will NOT mail out any cards until you have received this list. So, that you will have the opportunity to still pull back any of the reductions in your state.

If any of you have any question please let me know."

So, just be patient folks.

#58 ·
Me too- Kathy must be working hard. I was happy until I remembered 21,000 competitors get the 2 yards also. That's 23.863636 miles of reduction. At an average of 1200 ft/ second, or 818.1818 miles per hour, it will take 1.7499998 minutes for my handicap load to travel the total reduction. It's really not that big of a deal......

Joe

#59 ·
Got mine today-whoopee. 3 yards in one year. I haven't seen the 24 in over 25 years. 2 more yards and look out Leo.

Wife got hers also. That negates the 2 yards she picked up at the Cardinal Classic. 26 1/2 down to 24 1/2.

So when do they add 3 more yards of concrete to the top Handicap shooters and make Handicap fair again!!

#64 ·
Don,

The answer to your question is, "Yes, such a person would be offered a reduction to the 23 yard line."

All codes, including the "Y" code, which is the one that prohibits moving a shooter who has been punched to the 27 from moving closer than the 24, were removed to facilitate this reduction offer.

I just checked one of my shooters who has previously been on the 27 yard line (Y coded) and she was just moved from the 24 to the 22. And she is not a Vet or Senior Vet.

#65 ·
Rick,

The Shooter Info Center is always updated ahead of mailing out new cards. So there is still a "mailing" in your future.

When the ATA Office has completed the 2-yard reduction process, each Delegate will get a list of shooters who have met the requirements for the 2-yard reduction so that they can review the list and remove anyone they think should not be offered the reduction.

When that list is returned to the ATA Office, all of the shooters who have been approved by their Delegate will be mailed a new average card with their new yardage.

If you want to shoot at your new yardage before getting your new average card, contact your Delegate and get an email from him indicating that he approves your reduction. Print out the email and your Shooter Info Center page and take that with you to the shoot.

The bottom line is, you haven't got your new, closer yardage yet, but you're on the way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.