1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How about those Iowa Hawkeyes!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tripod, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Go Hawks!!

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Another win for the powerful big 10 conference!

3. mnjim

mnjim TS Member

Powerful big 10, hah, It looks like the Hawks will be the only team from the big 10 to win. Man I'm loving it. Go Hawks. MnJim

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

When you get all of them out of jail at the same time- it can be quite a game

5. jimx200

jimx200 Member

GN....lol...now that was funny.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to alarm you Zardo, but I'm not home...........And that's why I haven't posted.

I'm at my son's having our Christmas celebration and wasn't on the computer.

But ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..............What a sweet win that was yesterday.

Our Hawks done us proud. By the end of the game, a person had to feel a little sorry for those South Carolina fans..........

Iowa played great and they came prepared to play and it showed up in the score.

Great Win!

Hauxfan!

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

My VERY FAVORITE memories of Steve Spurrier were his grimacing during sideline camera shots of him at the Fiesta Bowl following the 1995 season when his "fun & gun" offense with Danny Wuerffel were getting the snot kicked out of them by Nebraska.

8. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Yeah, how's nebraski doing these days? didn't florida win national title in 96? how many titles have been won by big 12 vs sec since 95. how many different teams have won titles in each conf. 4andy10 Yes I'm a SEC fan.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well, you got me there.

SEC - 5 to Big 12 - 3

Nebraska won the national championship in 1997. Oklahoma in 2000. Texas in 2005.

Nebraska was 9-4 this year and won the Gator Bowl. Tied for the Big 12 North. After what Callahan did to the program, I'd say that's a pretty good comeback. Pelini has them headed in the right direction.

Hmmm. Wasn't Pelini the defensive coordinator for LSU's national championship team?

And we have 5 national championships.

Florida is good, but I'll be rooting for the Sooners on Thursday.

Still liked Spurrier's reaction in that game. Remember, Florida was ranked number 2 and favored by the pundits to win that game, and Nebraska beat them by 38.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Want stats? How about Pac. 10: 10 teams, 5 in bowl games, and all 5 won those games; batting 1.000, eh?....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.