1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How About This ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Stive, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stive

The Stive Member

I would love to see a shoot in October. The Cardinal Center is my first choice
    or wish. I would attend a shoot in October, the weather is still nice in
    central Ohio. I have heard that getting enough trap help is a concern. Could
    be that there are some out of work people that might be interested in making
    a few dollars. Just a thought. John

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Seen that in small club Skeet and Sporting. The big club sucks the life blood out of the smaller clubs by starting to add shoots that conflict.

Next thing you know the smaller clubs stop holding shoots and everyone wonders what happened to all the registered shooters.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ask Obama. He wants to redistribute and make everyone have an equal chance

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sept.and Oct. are great months for shooting comfort, count me in!

Hap

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Great observation Joe and very accurate. Unfortunately, we seem to always be putting the cart before the horse. First, there must be a reason why shooters would want to gravitate toward Registered shooting. High priced targets for trinkets and dues to a record keeping organization for professional practice shooting doesn't cut it.

Please don't repeat that lame excuse you're competing against the very best because unless you're plunking down your weekly grocery money in options you're simply shooting more expensive practice!!

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Joe Potosky and the Dawg are right on target with their comments although that is not the question of the OP. Here in the Northeast there are a lot of small clubs that ran numerous shoots throughout the year. Enter the proliferation of the mini-grands and attendance fell off at all of the small clubs. The hard core shooter skips the local shoots to spend 4 or 5 days at the ATA mini grand.

As to the OP's question, I think it depends on the specific area.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I wonder how far the average shooter is willing to travel to attend a shoot. I suspect 95% of the shooters never travel any father than 50 miles from their home. Well, maybe once a year to the state shoot. Remember average....

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The four clubs closest to me are 60, 80, 100 and 120 miles away. I can only dream of what it would be to live in the midst of many clubs.

Ron Burr

Lethbridge, Alberta

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The shoot planned for the Cardinal Center in July next year is being planned first and foremost for youth shooters, not ATA. We are working on a program right now but had to get the dates first because of the camp grounds and the other activities like archery, sporting clay's and shows that use the grounds.
    We want to do something to promote the trap shooting to the next generation.

The Cardinal Center is a very busy place in the summer so the first thing we had to find was a date, we had the choice between the July 19-21 dates and the next week end.

I know everyone asks about a fall shoot, things to consider are school is in session, there goes our help, the light in the fall is much lower in the sky than the summer and not as much each day, and the weather can be fickle. Also Ohio shooters gravitate to Calcutta's and fun shoots in the winter and stop shooting ATA.

Brad Dysinger

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

There are 13 clubs throwing ATA targets all within 1 hr of me. Life is good...

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Looks to me that Brad & Company is trying to do something to promote youth shooting which is desperatly needed these days. Thank you Brad !

And it appears they have done their homework as far as fall shoots go. I never gave it a thought but the shorter days, and lack of experienced help are major players when trying to hold a shoot as large as they seem to always host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.