1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How about this garbage?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wolfram, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

How upside down can we get?

Feds limit Ariz. sheriff's crackdown on illegal immigrants

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will continue his controversial "crime suppression operations" despite a Department of Homeland Security decision to strip him of authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status, the East Valley Tribune reports.

“It’s all politics,” says Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio will still have the power to check the immigration status of people booked by his officers, but not the authority to conduct street patrols looking for illegal immigrants.

His “crime suppression operations” are saturation patrols in designated areas where deputies would find illegal immigrants by stopping them for traffic infractions and minor violations, the paper says.

The Department of Justice and other federal agencies are investigating the sheriff’s office on accusations of racial profiling during the operations, the paper says.

Arpaio said he will be able to still conduct the crime sweeps under state human smuggling laws and an obscure federal law that allows local police to arrest illegal immigrants.

A spokesman for the Phoenix office of ICE declined to comment until after pending agreements with the country are signed.

(Photo by Ralph Freso, East Valley Tribune, via AP)

Posted by Doug Stanglin at 09:59 AM/ET, October 07, 2009 in Crime, Politics, Washington | Permalink
    Buzz up!

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sheriff Arpaio is a "elected" offical of the people of Az. He can tell the Feds to go jump in a lake!

Its to bad the Feds don't try and clean up their own house before that attack someone who is DOING HIS DUTY

A elected County Sheriff has more athority then any Federal or State agent that comes into his territory, even the likes of AG Holder!

The key word here is "Elected"

GO Arpaio, hopefully he is training someone to take over when he leaves but it will be up to the People of AZ!

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

The vote-buying begins.

(Remember, these people become future "legals" under legislation to be passed in the coming year).

4. wolfram

Yep, I guess I was just confused about the meaning of illegal. As for the racial profiling, well I suppose you could call it that or it could be the simple fact that Sheriff Arpaio and his deputies have enough experience to identify these lawbreakers when they see them.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived there and I have met Joe. He is awesome and we need more like him

6. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Obama will need the illegals if he plans on getting re-elected.
    Sheriff Joe is making the Feds look bad because the Feds aren't doing their job & Joe is finding illegals all over the place. The people like their Sheriff, I wish there was more like him. Colonel

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sheriff Joe says the sweeps will continue in an onsite interview, he said the people of Arizona have the right to know what the Government is and is not doing for them ... This could get interesting ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (Sheriff Joe Arpaio supporter, big time)

8. wolfram

By all accounts that I have heard, the people that pay Sheriff Arpaio are very pleased with the job he is doing. That alone should be a lesson to the federal government about the 'will of we the people'. Too bad we can't get a man like Sheriff Joe into the oval office.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Certain powers may be reserved for the federal govt and that is the issue here.

The US is made up of immigrants- unless you are a native american-

Look out the window- we have many more problems than this to worry about

We are 27th in science- 31st in Math- and 35th in literacy

And- the new immigrants tend to bring those numbers up not down.

Our mortality rate for infants is horrible

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You're kidding right, Gene???

And the illegal immigrants bring our test scores up?

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Recent Immigrant families bring our test scores up- thats correct.

If you doubt this- just survey a class of students at one of the better colleges or universities.

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

Asian, and European immigrants might be bringing our test scores up. I would be surprised if illegals are part of the uptick.

Don Verna

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Gee Gene, I just don't believe you. If you were to be believed then the best test scores in the nation would be coming from East LA. I find that hard to believe. Here in Indiana the school districts with the worst scores come from areas of Indy, and NE Indiana (Chicago Land) that have large Hispanic immigrant populations. Can you please explain that.

And the infant morality rates you sited, could they be skewed too? Other countries let their babies die (still born), so therfore they are never borned and are never counted. In this country we try and save those babies and if they are lost we count them. Some countries do not count baby births until they have actually survived 30 days, before they are counted. So if a baby dies 2 weeks after being delivered and dies, that countries statics have never even counted that child.

14. curly1946

curly1946 TS Member

God help us

15. turbobike

turbobike Member

We need another "Operation Wetback" circa 1954, Look it up. Dwight Eisenhower had the right idea!!!!!

16. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

This guy has it right:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/15huchUm_jA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15huchUm_jA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Gene...
    OMG...!!! I don't know where you are, but around here...IF someone got the illegals OUT OF THE CLASSROOMS...our teachers would have more opportunities to help our LEGAL students get those scores UP. There are many excellent LEGAL immigrants doing great work in our universities...Those aren't the issue. LEGAL immigration has helped our country....what we're talking here is simply open border ( read: NO borders..)invasion.

18. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Damm funny that all of those illegal immigrants bust their hump to take advantage of our horrible infant mortality rate. Go here to read about our infant mortality rate. http://www.anncoulter.com/ Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.