1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How about no punch for a score of 90 or less?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Was think about shoots and winning scores. It seems that winning a punch for a score of under 90 is kind of stupid. Example you go to a small shoot (as that is what seems to be the norm) you shoot a 88 and are high. You get a punch for that. Really. So now you got a punch for that, and are less competative than before. You get frustrated and quite the sport, cause not your scores are even less. Is that what we want. NO, We want more shooters not less.
    Most bigger shoots the winning handicap score is going to be in the upper 90's. Which is a where it should be to win.
    So why not have the BOD make a rule that no score under 90 will recieve a punch no matter if they win the shoot or not. Leave the 95+ scores to receive yardages as it now is. O.k. I am done for now. What do you all think?
    mike t

2. running bear

running bear Member

More room for sand bagging.

3. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

If I am reading the rule changes for target year 2013 correctly, then getting punched with a low score will not happen nearly as often because the number of shooters requred at a shoot to give the winner a punch (with a score under the mandatory 96) has been raised to 25 shooters.

A shoot that has less than the 25 required will not be giving out a yardage punch just for winning.

4. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

Can hear it now {that s.o.b. run the first 75 front long run,first and middle 50 $2650.00 and only had an 88.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thats how they stay on the 18. Look out . I coming to the grand next year--with a new back-the 18 yard terror--with a lot of practice from the 16.

Phil Berkowitz

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why get punched for scores that don't even make the breakpoint for a reduction...

7. 87AA

87AA TS Member

What happens when the wind is blowing 25+ and the high score is a 85?

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If I were to break an 89 in one of our southern Alberta "breezes" with some rain thrown in for spice, and I was high gun...I'd like a punch for that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.