1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

how about a mint Browning B2000...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo TS Member

Picked this beauty up this week. Didn't look up the serial number yet, but looks to be a 70's gun. Standard model, 12 gauge, 28", Mod choke, ventilated rib, etc. The gun is in 95% NRA condition and looks like it was used maybe once. All wood is grade III and hand checkered. Can't wait to try it out. The forearm is super thin, all the gas is inside the recoil tube. Very easy to take apart and clean. These were manufactured by FN in Belgium, then sent to Portugal for final assembly.

Hope you like seeing it...

DSC_0050-001.JPG

DSC_0066-001.JPG

DSC_0067-001.JPG

DSC_0063-001.JPG
  2. goose2

goose2 Active Member

Someone must of used the shit out of it the one time they used it to only be a 95% gun.
  3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Very nice. I love shooting one of those. Jackie B.
  4. Slugo

Slugo TS Member

OK goose2, it's in 99.9% condition!!!
  5. Ahab

Ahab Active Member

Nice shooting gun, got one in trade long ago ... but my grandson laid claim to it!

He now is enjoying it.
  6. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

I had one I purchased new in the early 80's and foolishly got talked out of it. I loved that gun, right next to my A-5's for me. Shot it once and loved it.
  7. hmb

hmb Active Member

What's it worth? HMB
  8. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have never owned or shoot one of these so I have to ask why the big hole in the left side?
  9. hmb

hmb Active Member

The big hole on the left side is where you put the loaded round. It sucks it in and chambers it so fast that you can not see it happen. HMB
  10. Msuhunter

Msuhunter TS Member

I have had one since 1975, I bought it when I was in college. A very nice shooting gun mine is very well used and I have 2 barrels. The large hole on the left side of the receiver is the loading port. This Browning design was also used on the Browning Double Automatic. This gun had some nice features but was not a great seller for Browning as it was expensive to make. I see them for sale on gun sites from time to time. The gas piston was always a pain to keep clean but other than that is a good gun.
  11. Slugo

Slugo TS Member

Browning only exported around 117,000 guns to North America with many of them and parts landing in Canada...
  12. FIB

FIB Member

I had one back in the late '70's. Nice gun to shoot but a bear to clean.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.