1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How A Tax Cut Works

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by southpark, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southpark

southpark TS Member

"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand is not great writing. But it is a great book.

Prariedog, You're not Dr. Kamerschen are you?

2. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

It's to bad that this isn't taught in ALL schools!

3. JonP

JonP Member

Great Stuff!

Jon

4. thespan

thespan TS Member

Gentlemen:

This was not written by that particular author. Nonetheless, it is very insightful.

Peter Greenspan

5. southpark

southpark TS Member

Thanks for the link Peter.

I immediately went to U of G's website to see if he was real, but once I found him in the econ department I figured that was proof enough. Still a great analysis, regardless.

6. guncase

guncase TS Member

People in Californis are always bitching about the high taxes they pay,, but the ones who bitch the most are the same ones who will squeel the loudest if services are cut!! Seems to me that all they have to do to cut expenses is to close the border!! We all know that won't happen ,, cause they would have to mow their own grass!!
    If the country won't take steps,,I mean REAL steps to eliminate the flow northward then the States should do it, CLOSE OUR BORDERS!!

It has affected us here in Wisconsin to the point that when I was at D.M.V. there were about 200 in line for one thing or another,, 90% were Mexicans. And the welfare costs have soared here also.
    We really need to do something about this problem.

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Excellent analogy. The difference between a statesman and a politician is that the stateman will explain this reality whereas a politician will take advantage of the first nine beer drinkers'ignorance and stir class envy. The problem with the country is that we have many politicians, few statesmen and far too many ignorant beer drinkers.

8. guncase

guncase TS Member

Dardanelles,,,of all those services, you may not want this or that, but there are others who pitch a big fit if they take them away.
    California spends more on the flowers along the road than Wisconsin spends on the road!! But it looks goood!

Nobody in their right mind can object to the educational money,, but many times the plea for money is a cover for other spending packages that are rolled into , and disguised (sp) for other purposes.
    Here in Wisconsin, snow plowing can be toy for the budget,, tell any of these chicago people that they aren't going to get their snow plowed till after noon and they just bitch and moan. They have bought many lake lots and HAVE TO get out to go to coffee every am!!. My road was not plowed for two days on one occasion last yr,, I lived thru it!!

In the last 5 yrs, my taxes have gone up almost 100% with the reassesment and the mill rate increases.

We have township board meetings every month. It is very interesting to sit in on them just to hear what people are doing. A Township is about 48 miles square, and runs it's own road upkeep,other than County roads thru it. Can't imagine the fights in just that little piece of Wisconsin. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.