1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Houston TX. shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BFJ201, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Metro Gun Club in Angleton registers birds every Sunday except for dates of the Texas Zone V Shoot and the Texas State Shoot.

Contact info available on Shootata.com

Great bunch of people and you never know who will show up on any given Sunday, from former All-Americans to Hall of Famers.

James Allen

2. wlc

wlc Member

Good luck with your wifes treatment. I spent time at MD Anderson twice, it's a great place for cancer treatment. The second time I was there, we were able to rent a furnished apartment from Catholic Charities for a reasonable price. There are also many private, furnished apartments for rent to Medical Center patients. Many have access to shuttles which run to the medical center. Parking can be a hassle at MD Anderson, especially if one does not feel well.

Bill

3. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Ross, We all here want you and your wife to know we wish her only the best. She is in good hands. A dear friend of mine is there also. Great doctors, great people.............Rob G.

4. Snooky

Snooky Member

Several gun clubs in the Houston area. Not sure about exclusive trap. American Shooting Center off of Westhiemer, public club. Greater Houston off of Beltway 8, private. Westside north of Katy, member but reasonable. Rio Brazos, south of Brookshire. If you check www.shooterspage,tx.com all of the phone numbers and locations are there.

Good Luck and God Bless,
    Snooky

5. JPM

JPM Member

Ross, The Old Geezer Shooting Club shoots Sporting Clays generally on Thursdays at Westside Sporting Grounds, and occasionally on Wednesdays at American Shooting Centers. You are welcome to join us, and I'll front your birds for a while. Good bunch of guys, most of us are retired - some really good shooters, some mediocre, and some really bad (like me) but our sessions are generally focused on BS and fun.
    If you can't stand Sporting, I'm also a member of the Pearland Shooting Club and they shoot mostly skeet, some trap (good targets) and occasionally 5-stand. (They also have outstanding pistol and rifle ranges, but I seldom go there.) I'll be happy to host you at that venue.
    Please respond to my e-mail address above if you want to accept my offer of hospitality. If you don't want to travel with guns you can borrow from among mine, and we can do an occasional reloading session to reduce ammo costs. I load 12, 20, and 28, and can provide a gun in each of those gauges.
    We live far north (in Spring) but commuting in the Houston area is not the worst thing that ever happened to you - assuming that you like NASCAR.
    I hope that your wife has an entirely successful experience with MD Anderson. They are among the best in the world.
    I'll look forward to hearing from you.
    John Matthews

6. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

John Matthews, what a stand up offer!! This is what this site is really about!! Ross,Good luck with everything it sounds like you are in good hands. Paul

7. samiam03

samiam03 Member

John you're a true Texas gentlemen. I think Ross needs a friend with what he's going through.

Take him to Goode's and show him "eating Texas style". The "Art Car Parade is coming up - that's always a treat. Explain to him that BBQ smokers are an art form in Houston.

Damn - I wish I was there - I'd show him the beer can house and Ima Hogg's digs.

My hats off to you John. And Ross I hope your prayers are answered.

Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.