1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

House Democrats Attack High Gas Prices!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Just kidding. Here is their agenda for today:

Roll Date Issue Question Result Title/Description

416 17-Jun H RES 1275 On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Agree P Honoring the life of Timothy John Russert, Jr., public servant, political analyst, and author.

415 17-Jun H R 3702 On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended P Montana Cemetery Act.

414 17-Jun H R 2964 On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended P Captive Primate Safety Act.

Thanks for the memories Tim, a few bucks for a cemetary in Montana and a Monkey's Rights bill. Looks like gas price relief is a high priority.

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

encouraging

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

UPDATE: This is so pitiful it is actually funny. How would you like the people who run the airport security checks to run our oil refineries?

"House Democrats responded to President's Bush's call for Congress to lift the moratorium on offshore drilling. Among other things, the Democrats called for the government to own refineries so it could better control the flow of the oil supply.

Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), member of the House Appropriations Committee and one of the most-ardent opponents of off-shore drilling

"We (the government) should own the refineries. Then we can control how much gets out into the market."

The man is a fool.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Their all fools, And they were voted into office.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

The fools are the people who voted them in...
    The politicians are just doing what politicians do. When a snake bites you...don't act suprised...after all, it's a snake..!!! I feel the same wayabout a lot of our politicians. I'm ready to start talking about some treason trials......

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Rep. Hinchey's plan is an old one. In the early 70,s a few U.S. airlines looked at building their own refinery for jet fuel. It seemed that getting crude oil was beyond their control. No change. With Deregulation of the airlines by Jimmie Carter and Ted Kennedy those carriers are no longer with us today. Their carbon imprint has been eliminated with more to follow I'm afraid.

7. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I remember HRH Hillary Clinton wagging her finger at the cameras a couple of months ago, complaining about oil company profits and how she was going to get Congress to "take" them away. That will solve things.

I propose that we find a way to burn polar bears and environmentalists for fuel.

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

bobdog,,throw in some of those f-----g caribou also,,

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can you remember the last time you actually voted FOR somebody instead of choosing the lesser of the evils? I can't.

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

As Ben Franklin and Alexis de Tocqueville, among others, have said, "Democracy will die when people find they can vote themselves other people's money."

Everytime one votes for a politician who promises us something for which others will pay, they become part of the problem.

Best,
    Dennis

11. tomk2

tomk2 Member

545 against 300,000,000, and the 545 are winning.

100 senators

435 Representatives

9 Supreme Court Jusices

1 President

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

In Maryland the Dems are already trying to prohibit people from making thier own Bio-diesel from cooking oil until they can find a way to tax it as a motor fuel Leave it to the Dems to nip any kind of self initiative in the bud taken by private citizens to deal with the current days energy crisis this country is a mess

13. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

I here today that the oil industry has leases on 80% of the feaderal land in this country, so why do we have to drill in ANWR or offshore, I think they have enough land to find oil on. See any oil wells on federal land around you? I don't, and I am surrounded by it.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They don't have leases on 80 % of the federal land. You don't really believe that do you? It was stated they had leases on 68 million acres as well. Would you drill for oil where this is little or no potential profit? Testing, permits, haul roads, utilities, easements, etc. It's not an easy or cheap task.
    They need to drill where it's worth it, and where the prime deposits are. Why disturb 40 substandard sites when they could drill at 4 good areas and get 300% more oil.

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I assume ts421 goes fishing in his bath tub because he owns one as opposed to its being productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.