1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

hotels near Marengo Ohio?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

Can any of you recommend a decent hotel near the Cardinal center? I'm getting some last minute plans finalized and could use some help. My only requirements are vacancy(of course ) and clean sheets/beds. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob
  2. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

There's nothing actually in Marengo - it's just a wide spot in the road. 10 minutes south (first exit on I-71) you will find Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, can't remember the other - those are the closest. Plenty of hotels in the Polaris area 10 minutes further south.
  3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Cardinal Center's website has a large list of nearby hotels/motels.

Curt
  4. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Week before last we stayed at the Value Inn at the exit Yakiman mentioned. 75$ for double occupancy. Very nice clean rooms, complimentary breakfast (cereal, fruit, danish, etc). Across the street is Bob Evans, couple blocks down is Cracker Barrel, plus several others. About ten miles to Cardinal Center. As Yak mentioned there are several other motels as well.
  5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

If that exit does not have any rooms available, just south (towards Columbus) one more exit. At this exit you will find over 1000 rooms (because of OSU football) all with excellant chains, every possible resturant and the largest shopping mall in the state of OHIO. Twenty minutes south of the Cardinal.
  6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I will plant a "Seed" for the Ohio people to maybe cultivate.

Mr. Fishburn has a great camping facility on his grounds. I wonder if he has considered a motel to go along with the camp grounds? Seems to me with the location he has there, a motel would / could be a good business opportunity.

Dave in SC
  7. steele

steele TS Member

From what I heard, it is already in the works. Butch from Pgh.
  8. RobPete

RobPete Member

I ended up booking at the Best Western in Delaware. All of the closer places were booked(except for a few seedy joints). Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm looking forward to the week....and more so to just getting away.

Rob(also in pgh)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.