1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotels near Elysburg for the Zone Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slick50, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick50

slick50 Member

Looking for recommendations for a hotel near Elysburg, PA. for the Zone Shoot in July. Thanks for the help!!

2. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Do a search around Danville,PA or Bloomsburg,PA. These are the 2 closest areas for hotels and about 20 minutes drive. I stay at the Key Motor Lodge( Danville). Not much of a hotel but clean and cheapest in the area. Also Mom's Country restaurant is right across the street. The PSSA program has an entire list, if you can't find anything email me and I'll scan the page for you. Jeff Graupp

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

For the past 3 years we have stayed at the Red Roof in Danville. It "was" fairly inexpensive, almost clean, fairly quiet and close to restaurants and the gun club. However, this year, we have changed to the Comfort Inn in Selinsgrove because the Red Roof has doubled their rates for the Zone dates....and it's not worth it. The Comfort Inn actually comes out a couple of dollars cheaper, has a continental breakfast and coffee room (included), swimming pool and according to reliable sources, is clean!! Also, the rooms are located on the 1st floor which makes it easier to load/off-load the shooting equipment, etc.

Curt - Delaware

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Also, we ate at Mom's Country Restaurant....stay away...lousy food!

Curt

5. bbadini

bbadini TS Member

Try Key Moter Inn. I stayed there last year and found it to be reasonably priced; the rooms were OK in my opinion. The motel is in Danville. Call Kathy at 570-275-4640 for info or reservations.

6. quattle

quattle Member

I used to stay at the I-81 motel in Frackville. Its about 20 miles away and cheap.

7. slick50

slick50 Member

Thank You for the help

8. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Slick,

Gidday mate, myself and a couple of my shooting buddies from Downunder attended the PA State last year and stayed at Holiday Inn Frackville (958 Schuylkill Rd. 570 874 1700) bit of a drive but it gave us the perfect excuse of stopping at Mt Carmel on the way back to the motel, we recommend Mattuccis restaurant (451 W. Fourth St 570 339 9941)

Mate terrific food and terrific people made us more than welcome ever night we ate there (tell them the Aussies sent you) you will not be sorry also speak to Dave Dyer at the shoot(Line facilitator) great guy who will direct you to anything you may need.

Sure are dissapointed we cannot make it back again this year but health issue's forbid it, hopefully next year.

Shoot well.

Release Trigger.

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

As usuall I always suggest the Phillips Motel in Shamokin Dam, PA.

Located less then 20 miles and many restaurants to choose from.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.