1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotels @ Dixie Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

Any suggestions for a good hotel to stay at while shooting the Dixie Grand would be appreciated. The program lists Holiday Inn Express, Knights Inn, Ramada Inn, Econo Lodge, Tarpon Springs & Tarpon Shores. Thanks in advance. Tim Hall

2. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

Im staying at the days inn in port richey. I was pleased with it last year for what it cost. Its about 20 miles I think from the dollar but its not a bad drive at all. Hope you make it out and enjoy a fantastic shoot

Derek

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

For safety sake=stay away from any motel/hotel on Rte 19.

Phil Berkowitz

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

To avoid the bad traffic (and it is BAD early/late) look at staying in Oldsmar, FL, it is very close and has several choices. I would stay away from Hwy 19....

5. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

I recommend anything on Route 19. Lots to eat and nightlife, at a decent price too.

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Hi Tim,

I have stayed at the Tarpon Springs motel several times and it is OK. Rates run about $60 per night. The area has many restaurants and Cody's Roadhouse is a few blocks down the highway. Good food and drinks at good prices; however, it can be crowded. The route to the Silver Dollar has road construction ongoing and can cause slow traffic but it is not too bad. Overall a pretty good price-to-convenience compromise. The weather can be ugly during January so check the forecast before you commit to the trip.

How is your master's program going?

Doc

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Holiday Inn Express in Oldsmar. And don't even loom look any further. Ask for the shooters discount and they will work with you on the price. Very clean and 10 mins from club with no traffic.

8. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Never had any problems in that area EXCEPT
    When stayed at the TAHITIAN RESORT, they compromised my credit card. Needless to say you should avoid that one., it is a rathole anyway. Woody

9. THALL

THALL Member

Thanks for all of the input. I was really warm this last Wednesday when I stopped by there. Shoot Well!! Tim Hall

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have stayed at the Days Inn in New Port Richey several times. Clean, reasonable rates, free breakfast and about 1/2 hr drive to the Dollar.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hotels near dixe grand shoot florida