1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOTEL NEAR KINGSBURG FOR THE STATE SHOOT??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a reasonable (cheap) motel near Kingsburg for the State shoot in June. Doesn't need to be fancy, just clean. Seems as though the Motel 6's in Fresno are all booked for the week so I need a good alternative fairly close to the gun club. Can anyone give me some direction or ideas? Please email me at: trap2dan at yahoo dot com.....Thanks....Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dan, About the cheapest Motel youll find is next to the railroad tracks near the club. I cant recall the name. Its across the road from riverland. Maybe some one will fill in the blank. Dave

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Dan,

If you check Google maps and look at the names of the smaller towns around Kingsburg then run a hotel room search using those town names you might have some luck - that's how I did it last year and came up with exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry for not being more specific.....I'm an old fisherman and I have problems giving up the names of my honey holes!

4. In plain view

In plain view Member

Dan: Shop[ around but I personally like to stay in Selma which is about 5 miles north on I-99. Most places require a "minimum" 3 night stay during that period of time. Regardless Dan, call now and get our reservations in. Bob

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bob,

Visalia about 20 minutes down the road has a good selection. The Econo Lodge on Mooney is actually not bad, the Comfort Inn at the airport is very good.
    go to www.nra-travel.com and click on Hotels. Put Visalia in the search box.

JT

6. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Dan, the name of the motel that's near the rail road tracks and really close to the club is called Kings Inn. Never stayed there myself, so I can't really say if its clean inside. But from the outside it ddn't look like a place I would consider personally. I stay in Visalia at the Holiday Inn. There's another motel in the city of kingsburg that I believe is called The Swedish Inn, but that isn't very big and books up fast usually. Good luck. Josh

7. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Big Holiday Inn in Selma.

ABD

8. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Best Western or Comfort Inn in Hanford. About a 15-20 minute drive to Kingsburg. Good eats nearby at Ryan's Place.

9. THE POSTMAN

THE POSTMAN TS Member

Dan,I and my shooting buddy have been staying at the Edgewater Inn in Reedley for the past 4-5 years.The inn is located approx. 15 miles from Kingsburg Gun

10. THE POSTMAN

THE POSTMAN TS Member

Rate for two persons/two beds is $84 per night.Their ph# (559) 637-7777.

11. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

I plan in staying in the Northface Inn. Price is great, but a few bugs and poor insulation in the walls.

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all.....I found one......Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.