1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel for Elysburg???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slick50, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick50

slick50 Member

Looking for hotel recommendations for Elysburg events??? How is Glosser's Motor Lodge? Any other Hotels close by?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Glossers-shaky at best-but it was the only show in town for this weekend. Good thing it is real close to the shoot and only $69.99!!

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

One tip if you stay at the Chez Glosser. Take plenty of Athlete's Feet medication and room deodorant.

Hopefully you can overlook burn marks in the bedding, stains of every variety, wall paper that's peeling off, plumbing that may work...or not. Air handlers that sound like jet engines, TVs that sometimes work, remotes that never work, and a huge roll of carpeting that has been rolled up for years in the eating area.

Did I forget anything?

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ya done real good Jerry. The only plusses are the proximity to the shoot and Massers for food and beer-provided you can get there before 8PM as the sidewalks roll up then!!

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Slick50, Try the Patriot Inn it's in Bloomsburg on Rt 11 just south of I-80 exit 241. Nice rooms good price. About 12 miles from shoot Phone number is, they have two 1-570-387-1776 or 1-800-873-1180. Good luck. Bernie K

6. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Red Roof Inn.

We've tried a bunch of them but this place is the best for what you are doing. Sleeping.

If you are planning on spending a ton of time at your hotel, you may pick someplace else but I guess you are planning on spending most of your time at the shoot.

Google it. Prices are good too. Clean and cheap and if you get a 1st floor room you park right outside your room.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Buc's right...the Red Roof is good for what we're doing.

Personally I like staying in the Shamokin Dam area (a farther drive), better lodging and better eateries. I've reseved 3 rooms for the EZ in July at under $65 per night.

Curt

8. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Try the Danville area.
    Joe Jordan

9. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I thought it amusing, but if you go the PSSA official website, there is a link to click onto where "locals" are supposed to rate and recommend local lodging businesses.

UNFORTUNATELY -- there is no information to be found. I would say that does not bode well for hotels in Elysburg. *smiles*

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I drove to the Keystone shoot this past Saturday. Yeah this area is in the woods LOL, typical small town environment, slow and I assume the local lodging and eateries are poor.

I made a wrong turn and ended up in Mt. Carmel. I got strange looks from folks as I drove around in my BMW with out of state plates. I guess they don't like outsiders? :p

11. broadway

broadway Member

Curt - what hotel did you find for $65 a night?

Thanks.

A. Bassan

12. JEB

JEB Active Member

In Bloomsburg there is a B & B -- The Irondale Inn run by a former lead pilot of the Blue Angles and Nam vet, J D Davis. It will cost a little more than the local hotels, but getting to know J D is more than worth it. He also makes a great breakfast as part of the deal. This is not your typical B & B.

Tel # 570-389-0100. If you call tell J D that Karen and John said hi.

J Bergman

13. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Listen to Curt. Shamokin Dam area does offer better lodging and eateries. I’ve been trying to tell people that for years but people always seem to lean towards the Bloomsburg area.

Try the Philips Motel in Shamokin Dam. They say it’s a real a comfortable place to stay. Please don’t ask if I ever stayed there. My home is only 6 miles away so of course I never stayed there.

Go to Google and do a search for Hotels in Shamokin Dam PA. There is quite a list.

What hotel did you end up making your reservations in Curt? Just curious,

Dale

14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

The Glosser is under new management and although the place has been cleaned up a bit the new owner is an arrogant dick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.