1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel - Dixie Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

Looking for some recommendations for hotels for the Dixie Grand at the Silver Dollar. Any ideas? Thanks

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

NOT the Ramada Inn at Port Richie, Fl. Had reservations there 2 years ago and it was lousy. Dirty rooms and lots of loud "thump music" going on in the general area of the motel. Stayed one night.

Would recomend Holiday Inn Express or Marriott Courtyard in Oldsmar, Fl. Both fairly new and nice and clean. Good neighborhood.

Good luck
    Dave

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

shootsome- It depends on what you want. Are you seeking only a bed close to the club at a low rate, or a nice pool, a bar and chocolate on your pillow every day?

I have very specific criteria for my room. It must be on the ground floor with an outside door. This makes it easier to to load my car top carriers and U-Haul when I leave. It must be between the club and the restaurants in Tarpon Springs. It should be located where I have to drive on Rt. 19 as little as possible. Some group, possibly the AAA, came out with a list of the most dangerous roads in the US. Rt. 19 topped the list.

Pat Ireland

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Holiday Inn Oldsmar Fla.

5. shootsome

shootsome Member

I'm basically looking for a low cost, clean room with a shower. I don't spend much time at a hotel other than shower and sleep.

6. shootsome

shootsome Member

Zardoxforty, I dont' need cable TV. What is the name of the place?

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have seen a couple of very small and apparently inexpensive motels on Rt. 19 between the turn off for Tarpon Springs and the Gun Club exit. One is by the power pole that has a very big Osprey nest in the top. A local map or a local shooter could be more help. Do not try to Goggle "motel by Osprey nest", it won't work.

Pat Ireland

8. Art D

Art D Member

Knight's Inn about $65.00 per Palm Harbor,FL Not the best but clean. Holiday express 125.00.

9. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

To Pat Ireland
    What state are you from ??

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I live in the Commonwealth of Virginia West of Roanoke, East of the Tennessee/Kentucky line, 6 miles South of the VA Tech football stadium and 8 miles form the Alliant Powder plant.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.