1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot weather pants recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Am on chemo and planning to go to the Grand. Dr suggests sun protection and staying as cool as possible, so I'm looking for some advice on hot weather slacks. I see some at Cabela's and Columbia and LA Tactical also have some but would like real world experience from the crew here. What would you wear at the Grand besides jeans or shorts?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Gene,

Just used a pair of railriders long pants that are just the ticket. The model is called bone fish flats, they weigh 7 oz, have mesh panels on the inside and out side of each leg and are about a 35level for sun protection. I wore them all during the recent Indiana state shoot and found them so cool and comfortable that I washed them each night so I could wear them each day.

Railriders.com/bone fish flats pants. They also have a bonefish shirt with the same ventilation and sun protection.

Hope that you enjoy the grand.

Ted Sosin

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Ted:
    Thx. I looked them up and they look like the thing to wear at Sparta. Some of these hot weather slacks don't have a zipper fly - do the Railriders?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

All my life I have worn cotton T-shirts. I have recently made the switch for summer with the non-cotton, such as Cool-Max and hiking type shirts---basically anything non cotton that is a "wicking" material. I cannot believe it took me so long to do this. The airflow and heat difference is unbelievable. I guess I was just stuck in my own rut. Now I am looking for some pants since I like the shirts so well.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Have a look through this company's web site...<I>Solumbra: Sun Precautions</I>

Their stuff is fantastic. It's light and comfortable, dries quick and offers a sun protection factor (SPF of 50+.

The company Eastern Mountain Sports also has a line of tee-shirts made of a fabric call Wick Teck that wicks moisture from the skin, stays cool and offers an SPF of 30+. Loose fitting and extremely smooth on the inside, very pleasant to shoot in (unlike cotton that turns to sandpaper when it gets damp with sweat).

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.