1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot water tanks for high salt content?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ajax, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

OK guys, HELP! Who makes a ceramic or some form of hot water tank that works with high salt content? I'm on a well with high salt content and the last tank has lasted two years. It's a Rudd and glass lined. Is there anything on the market that will work it this situation? We don't drink the water but use it for everything else.

Thanks,

Ajax

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Is it electric? If so get a Marathon water heater, I think it's either a Rudd or a Rheem same they are both the same just different labels

The Marathon I think has a lifetime warranty at least at one time they did, the tanks were made out of plastic

I wish they still made the old Monel heaters they lasted forever, I guess that's why they quit making them

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Yes, it electric.

Ajax

4. Catpower

Look into a Marathon they are great heaters they say, might be a little pricey but the last I heard they had a lifetime warranty

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

nothing is going to have a lifetime warranty, pro rated yes.

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

How do you prorate a lifetime warranty?

7. Catpower

need to shoot there is a lot of equipment that the parts that wear out have a lifetime warranty, it's the wording it's to the original owner, and the manufactures are betting the original owners will forget the warranty, and they say the average that people keep the houses is about 7 years, but since the economy is shot it will probably get a longer span

We deal with them all the time, a lot of HVAC equipment comes with a life time warranty and they will honor them

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Thank you, Catpower. I have found the Marathon water heaters and they do have a tank lifetime warranty. The rest of the parts,elements and such have a limited warranty of 7 years. I would much rather change an element then take out a tank every two years.

Thanks again,

Ajax

9. Catpower

Glad I could help out Ajax

An really you shouldn't have any problems with the elements, they use a low watt density element, and they used to have life time warranties on them, and they did last a long time

10. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Need to blow down the tank more often and they last longer

I clean mine out yearly but you may need to do more often

Open the valve and let it blow periodically

I added a ball valve but to really clean it I remove the elements and wet vac the curls out

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.