1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOT in SPARTA. ILL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by j2jake, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

And your point is?

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I bet that it is only about 70 degrees with no wind, rain, or humidity in Ohio today. All kidding aside though, it is always like this at this time of the year in this part of the country. John

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Where isn't it Hot???

Don

4. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Monday Projected Temperature

Vandalia, Ohio 96

Sparta, IL 97

5. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

If you look at the extended weather forecast you will note temps are to lower
    at the end of next week. Just in time for the Grand. Last year was hot first
    couple of days and then very tolerable. Locals told us the temps were about normal for that time of the year and the earlier hot temps were a little unual.
    But alas it can get hot and humid almost anywhere in the midwestern states in August. - Jim

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

The heat in Sparta proves global warming. If we would all stop using petrolium products and live in a cave, it would be very cool in Sparta.

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Yes, but it is dry heat. Ooops, wrong place. It is wet heat? Does that mean that guns rust as well as our minds? Do targets get wet and soggy? Fred

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I heard that an oven is dry heat too. John

9. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

97 isn't hot fpr Sparta. This time of year it is often over 100. I lived in Carbondale Illinois, which is about a half hour south of Sparta, for five years. The last year I lived there, in 1985, we had 30 days over 100 just in July and August. Nothing like getting up at 3 AM to go bass fishing when its already 85 degrees.

10. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Everyone going to the Grand should buy carbon offsets. Send your check to algore.

11. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Let's not forget the bugs...I've fogged and used the Tiki torches, and they're still bad...

12. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

They should move the grand to June or mid Sept, no reason they can't.

13. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Have fun sweating to death and donating to the Campell/Ohye/Harrison retirement fund.. I wised up a couple years ago.

14. silverado

silverado TS Member

You're not contributing to anyones fund if you realize you're not going to make a million and just pay for targets.

15. laura!

laura! Member

It's not any hotter there then it is here and it's probably less humid. And over there they have targets and more targets and you can shot very single day of the week and meet more trap shooters and look at guns and gun stuff and more guns and I can't wait and guns!!! - Now that is HOT! ;)

16. goldengirl

goldengirl TS Member

AMARILLO 89 high low humidity gentle brezze

17. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Bring the sweat towel and come to lose weight. After all, America is getting fatter according to the news. We can set the example and start a weight loss trend in America. Where's your patriotism? Come and shoot, meet new friends and reunite with the old ones. Shoot well, sweat a ton, and go home and laugh about how much fun you really had. Think of all our troops and how much they complain about a day at the office in the heat and dust. Are we any better than them? Not!!!!!

Hoohaa!!!!!

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.