1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hostess to liquidate if workers continue strike.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 548, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 548

548 Guest

Here you go union haters. My take on Hostess is that they are doomed wether workers make concessions or not. Little Debbie makes virtually the same products (except wonder bread) and they are much cheaper.

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I'm not a Union hater per say but I do like a good Twinkie now and again!! LOL

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I like a little "Debbie" once in a while. Bulge.

4. 548

548 Guest

Bulge, very Sanduskyesc

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If they'd only bring back the Choco-dile. ;-)

Bob Falfa

6. 548

548 Guest

The HoHo's of the past, the ones individually wrapped with foil, were my fav

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Hey, my wife is named Debbie

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

548, i knew some Ho, Ho's in the past but they were never wrapped in foil. Bulge.

9. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I love Unions when they fight for workers to be on par with everyone else.
    I hate Unions when they take advantage of others demanding things far beyond what everyone else gets.

Call it a love-hate relationship.

Twinkies were always in my lunch box as a child!

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I fear a very large group of workers are gonna learn how great their job WAS.

11. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I'm with you Matt. Everybody wants more and more to the point the companies they work for can no longer support the wants. I don't say that just about the hourly workers. I think it starts at the top and unfortunately ends at the bottom. Tim

12. 548

548 Guest

I think you're right grntitan. The company filed bankruptcy in 2004 also. I think the workers have been willingly losing lots of ground every year knowing that it was a requirement to keep the company viable. I think the point has come now where the promised and negotiated pensions are on the table for revamping. You want to piss off a labor force, f with the pension they were promised. Also, don't you think the company should liquidate? I mean they just filed 8 years ago for peat sakes. I wonder if the wheels are already in motion and this is just propaganda from the company to remove blame from the board room and place it in the lunch room.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge your post are wrong on so many levels, that's why I enjoy them so much!

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It happened to all the coal mines in my area but the miners were not willing to budge and took the closing threats as idle threats. How wrong they were. These miners had it made with great wages, awesome insurance and other benefits worth so much more. Some cuts and changes had to be made to keep the mine afloat. The miners were not satisfied and a series of strikes forced the mines to close their doors. They quite simply couldn't afford to mine the coal paying out the wages they were.

Now, a lot of these mines have reopened non-union and have provided many much needed jobs in the area. The miners are happy to have a job and many of them are former union miners. I have had several of the former union miners now working these non-union mines tell me they just didn't realize how good they had it until it was gone. I'm not here slamming unions, I'm just say'n.

15. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

you bet your ass if the company goes through liquidation, The Twinkie rights
    will go to the highest bidder. someone like Entenmanns will grab it.

or maybe Obama will step in and there will be a "TWINKIE BAILLOUT"

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

trapshooteraa27aa = Ding Dong

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Bulge...I sure hope you dont have your Twinkie out when Lil Debbie comes over..could be embarassing,..just sayin'

18. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Here's a solution.....

Why doesn't he union "belly up to the bar" and buy the company? That way they can do, pay, "benefit" and "pension" as they please. No wait that won't work because they'd be using their own money to pay for those things.

Jim C

BTW...... Does anyone remember Eastern Airline and their union problem? I'll never forget a friend of mine telling me how his union "showed Eastern and Lorenzo".....as he was sitting there unemployed, no insurance, and unable to find a job here in SoFl. Yeah...you really "showed" them.

19. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Ding dongs are wrapped in foil, when you buy (or should I say, when bought) in the large boxes.

Gonna be a lot of skinny cops out there on the streets.

20. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I worked for them 20yrs. as a Fleet Mgr. and left late in 2004.
    The baking industry can't pay union wages and be competitive any more.
    Many large grocery chains have their own bakeries and then there is the competition of all of the inexpensive "private label" products.

In today's economy not many people can afford to buy premium priced bakery products [Home Pride,Wonder,Butternut breads or any of the Hostess cake products] when next to them in the bread isle are many cheaper alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.