1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOST A TRAP OR SKEET EVENT IN LAS VEGAS!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shoot Vegas!, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoot Vegas!

Shoot Vegas! Member

If your local, State or Zone officials would be interested in hosting a future trapshooting tournament in Las Vegas, NV, please have them get in touch with me.

We can offer up to 20 combined fields featuring Pat Traps, Canterbury Voice release systems, restaurant, gun rental, ammunition, full service RV spots, and more.

The only fee charged is $25/case of targets used for non-profit groups; there is an additional $25 per field daily charge for commercial ventures. We provide all of the trap loaders, and re-supply the trap houses as needed. You provide your own staff to run the tournament. We have a number of in-house and local scorekeepers that can be hired if you need them.

The Clark County Shooting Range is a 60 million dollar facility that sits on 2900 acres in the foothills of the Sheep Mountain Range on the North side of the Las Vegas Valley. This offers an elevated view of Las Vegas that is second to none. I know I don't have to tell you all of the other amenities Las Vegas has to offer.

Take a look at our website, there are a lot of photos of the facility there, and let me know if you have any other questions about our facility.

Steve Carmichael

Program Administrator

Clark County Shooting Range

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I have been on the property several times just looking around. I understand that some would like to have a skeet shoot scheduled close to the "Comstock" at Nellis AFB. The next one is February 16 - 19 in 2012. Can you comment on the skeet situation? Ron Renouf in San Antonio

3. Shoot Vegas!

Shoot Vegas! Member

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. I was at an NRA Range Conference in Reno until last night. (which I would recommend to anyone involved in gunclub operations). I understand next year it will be held in San Diego.

The skeet situation is exactly the same as trap, same fees and all. We do not have voice release for skeet but I understand that is becoming popular with registered skeet shooters. The houses are equipped with new Duematic equipment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steve Carmichael

4. Shoot Vegas!

Shoot Vegas! Member

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Actually, the voice activated wand is not that popular. Most of the shooters at the recent World Skeet Championships held here in San Antonio opted for the referee doing the releasing of the targets. The wand is great for shoot-offs where the referee isn't holding a clipboard, etc. The job becomes too complicated for the average referee. My point is, don't let the lack of voice activated releases slow you down. Ron

6. Shoot Vegas!

Shoot Vegas! Member

7. Shoot Vegas!

Shoot Vegas! Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.