1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Horsehoe Bend Idaho shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx to Jennifer I will finally be able to attend a shoot at this club. I live 15 miles away and have never been able to find out when they shoot. The shoot is Saturday Nov 21st at 10:00 am for all you Idaho shooters who were asking about it

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sounds like a real Metro area...........LOL

3. cubancigar2000

Yes it is a small town club and those are the best kind

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I've not been to the Club, but normally cruise right on by the Greater Horsehoe Bend metropolitan area and head on up to Crouch, ID. Have not been to the club there but my Security Engineer lives up there, truly God's country, hope to come out shooting this Summer.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I been dealing with the Renfro's from up there. I hope to get by there sometime on my way to Spokane.

Great group of guys and I would expect the shoot will be equally as great.

Good Luck there and Happy Holidays.

Whiz White

6. cubancigar2000

Cmon Down Whiz, we will show ya a great time

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Well.... it's certainly a "rustic" experience and that's why I love it so much!

Thanks for helping out the Renfros, Whiz. They are the heart and soul of the club.

Jennifer

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I do plan to make it through there one of these days.

Son's in Spokane, my good shooting friend and retired San Fran PD officer is in the SF area where I lived.

The Renfros are great folks to deal with, that's for certain, as is Cuban! Heck, I'd opt for sponsoring a trophy there too.

Whiz White

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thanks for coming up cuban, and it was also nice to meet and shoot with V. If you're reading this V, thanks for shooting the buddy with me - you are a damn good shot. We're talking about having another one in January but the details haven't been ironed out yet. Hope to see you again soon. Jennifer & Steve

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Is this a misspelling of "Horseshoe Bend", located on the Snake River in Idaho?

I looked on the satelite map for the club. Where is it from the town?

Are the Renfro's Ted Renfro's son? There is another thread here about Ted's sterling silver trophies.

11. cubancigar2000

That is the correct spelling and yes it is along the Snake River north of Boise about 15 miles on Hwy 55. I misspelled it, sorry! Virgil Perry was asking that same question and I don't know if they are related

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Big Heap there's an "s" missing and it's near the Payette River 19 miles north of Eagle. It's on the south side of the town right on the east side of 55. The Renfro's dad was M.W. "Shorty" Renfro. Their logging business is across and just up the street. Next time I see them, I'll ask if they're related to Ted - in Montana was it? I think Virgil had asked if they were related to Ted also. Take care, Jennifer

13. overbored

overbored Member

I've been to alot of trapshoots and really enjoy the small clubs. I enjoy meeting new people and seeing old friends. When I see people that I don't know I will look at the score sheet see their name and try to meet them. I have never been any where that used a number system like this club. I would like to say that number 3,7, 33 were really nice guys.

Overbored

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Well the number system makes it a lot easier to move things along, but you could always peruse the signup sheet! I know I did a little checking myself!

#22 / Jennifer

15. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

My family owns The Pine Patch, a Christmas tree farm. Bruce, Linda, Kari, Tye and Abby. I will take my trap gun on the next visit. They know the Renfros very well small world congrats on the club sounds fun. Corey Ashbeck

16. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

We know the Pine Patch - we live in the house in front of the redwood water tank. Maybe we'll see you soon. Jennifer

17. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

Horseshoe Bend has a great little club and I would like to take a minute to thank you for a great day of turkey shooting. My son and I had really good time. Next time we will try and shoot better.

Roger and Britt E

18. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thanks Roger & Britt, we're glad you had a good time! We're talking of doing these more often. If details get ironed out, I'll post them on here! Take care! Jennifer

19. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.