1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Horrible scores, shooting well though

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've been shooting ATA targets for 20 plus years, and this is going to be by far the worst year I've ever had. I'm posting terrible scores, but I really don't feel I'm shooting that bad. anybody else??

This was brought up, because at the club today we were asking who is going to the Grand. I chimed in that I thought I would drive over for a day or two at least, and at least try to shoot the GAH. Then I took out my scorecard for the year. Am I crazy? With the scores I'm posting??

My average this year on handicap scores is going to be 6 or 7 birds below my yearly average, ditto for doubles. I don't shoot singles.

But yet I really don't think I'm shooting that crappy. Today I walked off the handicap field and the scorer said I shot a 20 on one field. A 20??? Really, I know I missed a bird or 2 but a 20?

All year I'm shooting crappy scores but I feel like I'm shooting better than that. What's up with that?

I'm not making any stupid mistakes like only missing straightaways. I'm seeing the bird well, I don't get angry when I miss, I'm staying under control and focused, what the hell is the matter?

I'm not making the stupid mistakes, I did years ago when I was posting a lot better scores. I'm just missing em, in bunches now.

On handicap from the 25 I've been posting scores like 18, 23, 19, 25, but don't feel i shoot bad. On doubles I suck score wise but, might run 3 or 4 post then come up with a 5 or 6 on a post.

Anybody else post crappy scores but feel they are shooting pretty good?

Just hope next year will be back to normal.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bisi- I can relate to your situation. My misses seem to come in clusters. I can be shooting well, move to the next post and leave something behind on the previous post. I really don't know what I left behind but I know it can take several targets before it finally moves back over to me. Is it possible that my brain does not move with my feet?

Pat Ireland

3. moserag

moserag Member

I feel your pain. I've shot some of the best-looking 18's you've ever seen. In my case it seems I've identified one little thing I didn't even realize I was doing until it was pointed out to me (thanks Chuck). If past experience holds true, I'll soon find another way ruin otherwise good scores! Dave Moser

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

My singles,and handicap scores have dropped so much so that I've taken some time off...............I sure hope it helps(probably won't).Everything used to come so easy for me.....straights,quartering birds,and hard angles....all no brainers.Now I couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a baseball bat.Yes,I'm going to the GA,and I'm going to shoot as well as I can..........I sure hope it all comes back to me.God I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

5. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Looks like a good excuse to buy a new gun to me.
    Carey

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

You might holding off investing in a bunch of options. Best Regards, Ed

7. JTEA

JTEA Member

Back to basics. I have recently started on the vision path after some blurred vision last year; just got book "An Insight to Sports". Also ordered one on mental game and got Kiner DVD a few months ago. I will be reviewing it again (and again).

I shot much better when I shot more often and mixed things up more with different types of shooting. I now go for months at a time without trap shooting and it takes time to get back.

Best, JT

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Trigger could have become goofy and inconsistent? Poundage, for example, going all over the place. "I seen it happen"

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I hear you!....I've started shooting sitting on a stool because of my junk knees and back. It's kinda like starting over again. My gun mount is almost the same and I'm not in constant pain now, but it's all just different enough that it's gonna take a while to get back some of my game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.