1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hornandy 366

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I just pick up a 366 . Try to run the first group of shells broke one off in the first crip the brass came off left the shell in the crip. I forgot to put in a wad .Can not get the shell out help

2. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

That should say crimp not crip

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

nailer,

Call Hornady. Their technical service guys are top notch.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly, you have a shell stuck in the crimping die.

Shut off the powder and shot. Loosen the lock nut on top of the crimp die plug and back the plug out. The stuck shell might fall out with that. If not, loosen the die body lock nut and pull the die out. Chuck the die up in a vise and twist/pull the stuck shell out with a pair of channel lock pliers. Clean everything up, reassemble and start over beginning with an empty turret.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If you do what Wolfram suggests, note precisely where everything is, and how many turns to get things disassembled, so you can put it back the way it was before you took it apart.

6. wolfram

Yea, I forgot to mention that backing out the punch and/or die body will require re-adjustments unless you do what Tim said. I tend to go a bit cavemannish on these misadventures. Nothing like a learning experience.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Plan on spilling at least a pound of shot, too, LOL. I own three of the damn things - I love them - but when I'm working on them, I usually spill components.

It should come out pretty easy if you can pull the crimp die.

8. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Thanks everyone i got it . Now i just have to adjust a few thing . Oh ya and turn off the shot and powder. I can see this will take sometime to build up speed

9. wolfram

Nailer there is a learning curve but you will survive it. Sometimes you need to hang it up for the day and try again tomorrow. Glad you are up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.