1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady/Spolar Bushing Data for Alliant Extra Lite

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Hat, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Hat

Big Hat TS Member

Alliant says they have no Hornady/Spolar bushing data for their Extra Lite Powder. Can you tell me what your using? Thanks, Jerry

2. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

If they can't or won't publish the information, maybe you should avoid the product. Hogdon has the bushing data for AALite--similar powder. I wouldn't take medicine from a company that wouldn't publish dosage data. No connection with either company.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Buy the bushing adapter and use Mec bushings in your loader.

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I got the "initial" sizes for my MEC reloader from Alliant Powder! I then carefully thru trial and error got the weight of powder to start with! I double check the actual drop weight by measuring with a scale. Once honed-in I then get into production, I then check about 1 in 25 shells to make sure things are accurately being maesured!

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Jerry, I PMed you.

According to my scale and the lot of Extra-Lite that I am on now, a 429 bushing drops 15.6 grains and a 423 drops 15 grains. That should get you in the ballpark, but you better weigh a couple of charges to be sure.

John E.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I just spoke with the Alliant Powder factory technician, Ben.

He is sending me in a couple of minutes the Mec bushing chart. Although using Mec bushings in a P/W, Spolar, or Hornady progressive see heavier charges thrown; the Mec bushing is a tad bit shorter than the adapter, so it will throw a heavier charge, but now you can get a ball-park load, if you load conservatively.

Someone will produce a charge chart soon. Oops, just got it from Alliant...

whizwhite_2008_0203222.jpg

Hope this helps some. If someone would take the time to check what each one of these Mec bushings drop in the Mec adapter in the P/W, Spolar and Hornady reloaders, that would be helpful to others.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
alliant extra lite powder bushing chart
extra-lite bushing chart
hornady power bushing for one ounce extra-lite loads

horndy spolar bushing chart