1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by $$$SHTR, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I have an older Pacific 266 loader that was needing a couple of parts. Called Hornady and they only had 2 of the 3 parts I needed, (loader has been out of production for some time, plus it is a Pacific). Parts are being shipped at absolutely no cost to me, not even for postage. Lady on the phone was as nice a person as I had spoken to in years. It makes one feel good when you get to actually experience good old fashioned customer service. Made me want to buy something Hornady. I have a 150, 266, and 366 shotshell loader and don't load bullets, so I just thanked the lady and told her how she had made my day. I felt great all day, until I received the $124 photo ticket in the mail anyway.

Tomas

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

You are lucky, I have made several calls to Hornady for parts for a Apex 9.1 12ga that is in new condition for a shell plate with no luck. They told me they would not be making that part anymore, that they lost the mold for the part.-----SOL-----

lee

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I wouldn't be surprised if you could update the machine, remove the outside collars and replace the shell plate with the "finger" plate from the 3.1 . It might require a few extra parts... the retention springs and the couple of blocks which help actuate the fingers opening and closing...

Call back to technical support and find out...

Jay

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

According to Bob at Hornady a 3.1 will work but it is the same part number as told by him. I'm not that familiar with the Apex as I work almost exclusively on MEC loaders.

lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.