1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I just received my reloader back from Hornady. I had a couple of problems with it and asked them to go over it completely and replace what was needed. They could then contact me for the costs. They refurbished the loader and the repair technician wrote a personal note to me outlining the answers to a couple of questions that I had. There was no bill and I was not even charged shipping costs!! And this is an older reloader, which I bought used. I just emailed them and expressed my satisfaction with their customer service. If only more companies would support their customers like this. I will definitely be one of Hornady's biggest supporters and will tell other shooters of my experience with them. They say the best advertising is "word of mouth". In this case that holds true. Ed

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

esoxhunter

I placed an online order for replacement parts for my MEC loader Tuesday evening. The parts arrived Thursday morning. The shipping cost them MORE than what they charged me. If I had called them, I'm sure they would have taken care of it for free, but I chalk it up to normal wear and tear. They are a good company. I've had great experiences previously.

Now on the OTHER side of the spectrum. I emailed Motorola to obtain a new "ear hook" for my bluetooth headset. It's an older model and I've had it a year and a half. The ear hook has been separating for over a year and I've been super glueing it back together when it get's bad enough. It still works well, so I decided to purchase a replacement ear hook. I couldn't find ANY reference to parts ordering on the site, so I sent an email to inquire. I got back one of those "Dear Valued Customer" letters telling me I was SOL and go try some repair outlets if you want. I'm certain that I wasn't the only person ever to inquire about this. I'm not looking for a freebie, just a replacement part for a two year old device. We went back and forth several times and I finally called their customer service. Within a couple of minutes (after five on hold), I was told (in broken English) it was obsolete and that parts were not available for it, never were, and never will be, HOWEVER they are sending me a couple of ear hooks for the current models that might possibly fit, at no charge. It's a half a solution and I'm hoping the new ear hooks fit. I'm almost tempted to buy one of the current models that the ear hooks will fit, just so I can replace them when they break. Same piss poor design. I'm also hoping that the ones they send aren't some obscene color like "pink". If they are, I'll put them on a Skeeter's forum and offer them for sale. :) GOODBYE MOTO!

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hornady is in Grand Island, Nebraska. Better people you're not likely to find anywhere!

I grew up about 60 miles from the factory in Lincoln. I've shot in the Hornady tunnel, I've toured the factory numerous times, I was babysat by Jim Garber, the customer service manager who died with Joyce Hornady in a plane crash on the way to the SHOT show in New Orleans...

I'm with Ed...I've had two 366s since 1979, and I never have trouble getting them on the phone for help.

Good people.

4. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

I also have had very positive dealings with Hornady. Had lost some screws from the plate where the old primers fall into. Explained it was a Pacific, they never hesitated and sent the parts at no charge.

5. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

I load in excess of 15,000 rounds a year on the 366, and have done so for a number of years. A great company with a great product and service. Can't say enough good things about them. Top drawer operation!

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I use a Spolar now (also a very good customer oriented company) but my first reloader was a Hornady Apex. I broke the turntable very quickly as a result of pure ignorance, I was honest with them as to the cause of the fault, they sent free parts anyway.

I will give Hornaday my business anytime I can. Good people, good service, deserves customer loyalty.

Cheers

7. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Does anyone have a phone number and a contact person to call about getting my 366 serviced? What would it cost to ship the reloader from Pa. to Hornady?

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Phone # 1-800-338-3220. When you contact them they will give you all the info you might need. I have no idea as to the shipping charges from Pennsylvania to Nebraska. I would check with UPS. My guess would be about $25. Ed

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Rumplestilskin, 308-382-1390. Todd Knecht--believe his ext. is 240. I just took mine over a month ago and had it gone through as I live 30 mi. from the factory so I can't help you with the shipping, but when I got it home and started to load, I was having problems getting the crimp set right. My loader was purchased in the early 70's. I noticed they had replaced the final crimper and it appeared to be longer than the old one. To make a long story short--I called and talked to Todd who took me step-by-step as how to make the adjustments. Right down to how many threads should me showing on each adjustment I made.

I don't know what your loader may need but, I would talk to Todd first and find out if he could tell you what parts you may need and how to install them.This may eliminate your having to send the loader to them. Just a thought. I believe they replaced 12 parts on mine and the charge was $50.00.

Hope this might help save you some money. Steve

10. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Each year Hornady host the Platte Valley chartity shoot. The proceeds go to Good Will Industries. Youth shooters are awarded scholarships by local bussinesses in trap,skeet, and sporting clays. The shoot is held at Heartland Public Shooting park which is owned by the City of Grand Island. Margrete Hornady is the Mayor of Grand Island.

11. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.