1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady Progressive shot loader

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sero, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sero

Sero Member

I'm in a possion to get a hornady shot shell loader at a very good price below dealer.(I think it's called the 366 progressive and it's new)
    Has anyone used one or seen one and what do you think of it's quality.
    I know years ago they bought out Pacific which I had way back when and loved it.
    Any input would be welcomed.
    Thanks
    John Seroczynski
    Valparaiso, IN. 219-464-1125

2. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

With the price of componets being so high I would say it would be a wise choice. The 366 is a good loader at a reasonable price and will soon pay for it self as compared to a more expensive PW or Kolar. Post-2

3. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

I've had one for years,in fact bought it use on Ebay rebuilt it once and it just keeps going.Hornaday are good people to deal with.As for the gas assist I took it off makes it cycle twice as slow and provided no usefull purpose to me.There again different strokes for different folks. Good Luck Jon

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've had a 366 for approx 20 yrs and except for replacing the usual "wear items", I've not had any problems with it. Mine is a manual type and I can load 400 shells per hour w/o a problem and w/o rushing.

Once you have figured out how to tweak the adjustments, it'll be smooth sailing.

Curt - Delaware

5. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

I agree with the above posts as I am loading on an old 366 with automatic advance but no shell ejection. Like all machines, pay attention to the maintenance, keep it clean and lubed and it will function perfectly for longer than you will reload. One thing, the 366 is an unforgiving machine. It requires the operator to pay attention as the powder and shot shut offs are manual and the 366 will drop either one with or without a case in the station. But reloading is not something we should be doing with distractions.
    Buy the machine, set it up for your hulls and wads and enjoy making your shell fro a long time.

If you have any problems, call the folks at Hornady and they will cheerfully help you.

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The 366 is built like a tank. I have 2 of them and couldn't be happier. Also, if a problem occurs just call the company. They are very customer friendly. Ed

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I bought a used one almost 15 years ago and have loaded thousands of rounds on it. An occasional wad finger, and primer retainer replacement have been all the problems I have ever had. The Hornady people go out of their way to get you any parts ASAP, and are great to deal with. These things are built to last a lifetime.

Dave in NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.