1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady gets my vote!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

I must give Hornady a positive, great business, or warranty work. I had a 366 I bought used and it never worked right. I sent the reloader to Horandy they fixed it and sent it back and paid the labor and return shipping. I had to pay for the worn out parts. The loader is like new. Great deal. Mike Sharkey, DC

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Mike, great people to work with. I purchased a 366 in 74 and removed the full length resizer as I only loaded brass base shells and didn't use it. I started reloading some Gun Clubs recently and found that not all would go in my gun without full length resizing. I have no idea what I did with that resizer so I ran over to the plant,walked in, and explained to the lady at the desk that I had lost my resizer for a 366. She picked up the phone and called someone and a guy came walking up with one in his hand and handed it to me. I inquired about the cost and was told that it was a warrantied part and there was no charge. Can't beat that with a stick.:)

Steve

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I have had nothing but good dealings with hornady. I had a similar situation as steve, only I needed to replace the plastic primer tube fingers due to one of the fingers snapping off. I called hornady, described what I needed and they simply took down my address and said they will ship it out as soon as they can. 3 days later I got a standard size envelope with 10 of those little suckers in it. No charge for shipping or the parts. cant beat that customer service.

P.S. Also had to replace the wad guide fingers, and was treated the same excellent way. BYG

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

That not only is called Customer Service (unlike so much of the customer DIS-service practiced by other companies) but it is also called "Positive Word of Mouth" advertising. The company gets to build upon its good reputation and others hear about the service and remember it, sometimes for years. This is more productive over the years than any ad in a magazine or such.

Yes, I too have had VERY GREAT results when dealing with Hornady. Not only that but they actually had one of the most entertaining Recorded Phone message greetings I have heard.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I bought a used Pacific some 25 years ago. I have done all the upgrades as they have become available. I even sent the reloader back to Hornady to have the new lower platen installed which has the finished shell eject. It is now the same as the new reloaders sold by Hornady.

I absolutely love the machine. I have loaded many thousands of rounds with very few problems, most of which were "operator error". I can't conceive of a stronger built reloader. I don't think you could ever wear it out.

The only "complaint" is that the shell retainer ring should have spring-loaded gates at each station which could be swung aside to allow the user to remove a shell. I'm surprised that some enterprising machinist/mechanic has not made one.

6. blooch

blooch Member

They get my vote too......I have called asking questions and they have answered them all with correct answers, the first time. Got me through the learning curve quickly. I really like the phone message as well, lol.

7. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Ditto on the great Hornady Customer service and warranties. I recently pulled the base off a .280 Rem and in the process of trying to remove it literally and figurattivly ruined the full length resizing die. When I walked in to see about repairs or parts they told me they had discontinued the durachrome dies almost 20 years ago they took the die, my name and address and two days later they delivered a brand new die at no charge and no shipping. Ask me if they will continue to get my business, you can bank on it.
    Bill

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Hornady has always had this kind of service, it is nothing new. Unlike other companies who are constantly beating their breasts about their great service they just go along quietly thru the years giving great service as if it is the normal business practice, RCBS is another company just like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.