1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hornady bushings size for promo powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's not quite that simple. You need to get some published load data for the powder, wads, hull and primer you plan to use. Then you need to get a scale to check and recheck your powder drops. Often you will need several bushings as different batches will vary in weight. Not trying to insult you but have you any experiance with reloading?

Matt

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Matt's right. Promo works great but it does vary some batch to batch and the only way to be safe and sure is to weight it. I use 438, 441, 444 for 1oz depending on the batch for 17.8-18.0 gr. You might even go down to 435....

I do not use Promo for 1-1/8oz.

Weigh it!

SW

3. Logan_p

Logan_p TS Member

I personally reloaded for several years. My dad for 30+. When I ordered the spolar I asked for it to be set up with 1oz load 18 gr red dot, AA hull, claybusters WAA12 replacement wad and win 209 primers. But got promo at a cheaper price and have been told it is the same as red dot just more dense and doesnt have the dot.

I have read on here for 17 gr for a 1oz load and 18 for 1 1/8 but that will very.. I weigh the charge every time I put a new batch of powder into the reloader just wondering what everyone was using for a bushing to get a good starting point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hornaday bushings for promo powder