1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HORNADY AUTO 366 RELOADER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrokeTrapDad, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

Hello Im looking for some help I just aquired a Hornady Auto 366 Progressive reloader and I am confused on a receipe to match my currect factory loads my son is shooting, We are shooting Federal Top Gun 2 3/4 dram , 1 1/8 #8 shot I would like to reload AA hulls just because I was given about a thousand of them So im looking for a recipe to match the Top Gun load if any of that makes sense any help is appreciated I am new to reloading so thanks for the all the help I can get. And also what bushing and wad presure would I need to match the receipe you may have. Thanks again!

2. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

ALso if it makes a difference he is shooting singles and handicap Trap

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

The hornady website ( I thinks it hornady.com, but you can google them) has the bushing chart on it.

so all you need do is get the load you want and then find it on the chart and get that bushing.

THEN you need a scale...just because the chart SAYS this bushing drops 18 grains of Red Dot, it might not. You have to weigh the charges to make sure. And check them periodically.

The chart also tells you how to get half grain loads - but in a simple way, if the 429 bushing drops 18 grains and the 439 bushing drops 19, then a 434 drops 18.5.

BTW, the number of the bushing is simply the internal diameter of that bushing in thousanths of an inch.

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

To answer your question (short version)

With a AA hull, WAA12 clone wad of some kind, and any non-Federal Primer, any of these will do what you want: 1150±fps, and moderate pressure.

- 700x 16.5gn

- Clays 17

- WAAlite 13.3

- RedDot 17.5

- e3 16

-GreenDot 18

Bob

5. KY_TRAP_DAD

KY_TRAP_DAD Member

Save some money and load 1oz loads. 17.5gr Red Dot or Clays (a little more expensive but he can "clean his gun with it"), some sort of WW12SL clone (I like Green Dusters), WW 209 and 1oz Magnum 8's. Will crush clays all the way back, kick less, and cost less (lead is your biggest expense). As stated previously, consult the Hornady website, buy the bushing that they suggest plus 1 or 2 each larger and smaller. Then WEIGH your product to get the correct bushing. Raised a son shooting trap...shot thousands of this load. Never needed anything else.
    Shelby

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I agree with the 1 oz loads. I like 16.0 grains of promo-cheap and will smoke them from 16 to 25 yards

7. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

Thanks for some of the reply's I plan on trying it out and if anybody else got any surefire loads Im all ears Thanks again

8. snkypete

snkypete Member

I certainly agree with the 1 oz load. I've been loading AA hulls with 17.5 gr.
    Clays, a WW12SL wad, WW 209 primer and 1 oz shot for many years. My son shot them to several state titles.

Not only will you save money on shot, but your son will appreciate the lighter
    recoil, especially over a long program or over a several day event like a state shoot.

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hornady 366 progressive

hornady 366 reloader

hornady 366 review