1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by denden, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denden

denden TS Member

My 366 works great other than the primer will jam under the rotating table? any help would be great.

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Not sure I totally understand what is happening, but if the primer is catching on the plate just before it drops into its seating position; make sure that the slot in the collet is opposite of where the primer is entering. Sometimes these will turn just a little and not let the primer drop properly. ???????? check and adjust if that's the case.

Steve

3. denden

denden TS Member

the slot is correct but they still catch as there droping.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

You are probably raising the handle too fast on the last half of the up stroke. This will cause the plate to turn too fast and trap the primer at an odd angle between the plate and the base.

The remedy is to simply raise the handle a bit slower and smoother, particularly on the last half of the upward stroke.

Been there. Done that.

Easystreet

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Denden,

I just read your last post. It sounds like you simply need to adjust the height of the primer tube.

Easystreet

6. blkfin

blkfin Member

Easystreet has the right idea. Raising the handle a little slower and steady will do the trick. With my 366 I can laod almost 2 flats per hr. If all the primers jamb check to see if there is a piece of shot in the hole. Mike K.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Is the rolating plate to loose ?? Enough for the primer to get lodged , if so tighten the nut down just so there is a little play with all the hulls on it but not too tight .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.