1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 wad guide

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bpratl, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

I am looking for the outside diameter and the length of a Hornady wad guide that is used in the model 366. Thanks.

Bob in Gloucester, MA

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My 12ga wad ram measures 1/2" in diameter. The wad ram part itself is right at 1 5/8" long and then with threads included is right at 3" long. Hope this helps.

3. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

grntitan thanks, and the ram measurements definitely help. Is it possible that you could measure the plastic wad guide itself as I am trying to find a replacement for an older STARR reloaded which is in great shape and works well; but I need a spare 12 gauge plastic wad guide. Thanks.

Bob

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sorry my fault. I misunderstood what you were asking about. The wad guide fingers have a small lip on top. Just under that lip it measures right at 3/4". The total height of the fingers is right at 11/16". My good calipers are at the shop so these measurements may be a hair off.
    grntitan_2009_2503282.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503283.jpg

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If the plastic wad guide cannot be fitted to the reloader, perhaps the entire wad guide housing could be adapted.

6. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

grntitan...thanks for the plastic wad measurement as that is exactly what I needed. The STARR wad guide is about .110" larger so I can machine a adapter that will allow me to use the 366 plactic guides whic I just ordered.

birdogs....we are thinking on the same lines because I have to modify the guide housing. Thanks for your suggestion.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.