1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mahrbeezer, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

I have a hornady 366 auto set up for 12g. I have 20, 28, and .410 dies for it also. I never used it as i am a mec man. Im thinking of selling it but not sure what its worth. Anyone know what its worth?

2. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

I have a hornady 366 auto set up for 12g. I have 20, 28, and .410 dies for it also. I never used it as i am a mec man. Im thinking of selling it but not sure what its worth. Anyone know what its worth?

3. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

4. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Sorry, i had a problem with my computer. I dont know how to delete the posts.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The new cost with all the conversions is in excess of $800. Previously owned loaders go for quite a bit less. Put your price on it and see what kind of offers you get.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

You might do better by selling the dies separatly.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Generally, one gauge loaders would be worth 'around' $125. That seems to be the popular price that moves them.

Other dies wouldn't interest me as a buyer UNLESS you have the other heads for them. If you have the other head, then it's a 5 minute deal to change gauges. If you have individual dies that have to be screwed into a single head each time you want to change, it would take you way over an hour to convert gauges, and you would ruin hulls doing it - in the die setting process.

I would guess not more than $200 for the package...but I do agree with birddog, you might be better off selling the die sets individually. You might try $125 for the loader and maybe...$50? $40? for each die set.

That's my guess. I have 3 366s - 12,20,28 and love them.

8. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Thanks guys. So i guess $200 would be a resonable price to ask for everything.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Email sent

10. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

125 is a pretty low estimate for a 366 in excellent working condition. 200-250 easy without the extra dies...... JMHO.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM....Dave

11. warbux

warbux TS Member

Look on EBAY,the going rate for a 366 with one set of dies around 200.00 with one set of dies plus 25.00 to 30.00 to ship. The extra dies ????????? Joel

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Jeff, I respectfully disagree with your price. I beleive it to be way low. A one gauge 366, in excellent cond., if it's got the wad pressure indicator and, new primer punch will bring 225 or 250 easy.

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Wow. Well, maybe inflation has hit used 366s too!!! At $200 each, i have a fortune in old loaders in my garage.

I've never seen anyone pay over about that $125 I quoted for one. The dies I admitedly don't know much about - other than to say that if you have to change the dies out one at a time, it would take forever.

And I do notice that wolfram jumped all over it for $200.

I also know that just about 60 days ago a guy had one on here forever, asking $190. No takers...I finally offered him $100 for the base only and he took it - needed another base for a 28 gauge head I have. Saw him trying to sell the head for another $100. Don't know if he got it or not.

So....my opinion was $125 for the loader and $50 each for the die sets...total of $275. I'll stand by that, as I don't think the loose dies are worth much.

sorry, mahrbeezer, if I cost you money.

14. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

I have sold 2 366 presses for $250.00 each with no problem. These presses new are almost $400 and don't gp bad with age. Don't know how much to charge for dies but 60/70% of new.

15. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!!!!

16. cbat

cbat Member

Regarding 366 Hornaday

I was sick of having to set the primer seat adjustment and crimping every time I switched shell brands.

Through it on Ebay and it went for $284 plus shipping.

Boy was I glad to see that go down the road.

Went out and purchased a Mec 9000g. It is a much more forgiving machine and still will last me a life time.

My headaches seem to be gone as well!

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

250 minimum with dies and I would say 300 would be more realistic.

18. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

It seems that several respondents on this thread have a very conservative price estimate on the 366. If the unit is in good shape, with the improved primer seating, it should bring $200-$250. (With one set of dies) New ones surely are not selling for "almost" $400 as stated. Expect to pay $500, not $400. . Place it on ebay and watch what it brings. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.