1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LarryTR, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarryTR

LarryTR Member

Has anyone done any upgrades to the 366 machine.i find the primer system to be difficult to use with the slotted dial that drops the primers and would like to see a metal starter crimp die and a metal taper roll die.Anyone making after-market items?

2. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Larry

If by taper roll die, you mean the final die in the station, Hornady replaced the tapered die with a straight-sided die several years ago. The old one was steel, and the new one is aluminum.

They did this to help eliminate the wrinkling of the new AA sidewalls, along with re-adjusting the length of the die.

Also, the primer was updated at about the same time, or a bit earlier, and I found this new one works more consistent than original. The new one has a red spring that controls the pressure better when the primer is seated.

Hornady is very good to work with, and if you explain your problems to them, I am sure they can help.

Good luck!

3. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

From time to time the little black tip on the primer tube should be replaced. It must get stiff with age and becomes inconsistent dropping primers.

4. LarryTR

LarryTR Member

Thanks for the info.My 2 machines are 15+ years old and generally work very well. I will call Hornady today to inquire about updates.
    Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.