1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hornady 366 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ryanhammer, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanhammer

ryanhammer TS Member

Well, after stripping out the platen on my old pacific 366, I called hornady and ordered a new platen, and new bolts for the drive links. Already to go back together, and noticed that the new platen did not have the hole for the wad seating station. The old platen had a hole with a spring loaded puck, that would move up and down, slightly, and would show how much wad seating pressure was created on each particular shell. The new platen is solid aluminum, with no hole. Before anyone asks why I didn't call Hornady today, well, I forgot and now they are closed, so if anyone has a quick answer, please help me out a little. I was hoping to get everything adjusted tonight, and load a few shells, but that will be a waste if I have to return the platen to Hornady. Thanks in advance, Ryan Hammer.

2. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I would say they updated the design my Dillon do not have any spring relief in them My old Pacific 155 did not either. I don't remember if the Hornady 366 I had for a bit had that spring loaded puck in the table or not. I'm sure one of the guys will confirm if the later machine have the solid table or not.

3. ryanhammer

ryanhammer TS Member

Thanks for the replies. I don't necessarily want the older style. I was just surprised to see the new platen without the hole. Thanks again. RH

4. amerrycan

amerrycan TS Member

U dont need to know the wad pressure any more. The reason the new ones and loaders like the dillons don't have wad pressure gauges on them is beacus they are using a depth seting not pressure. If I digg arround I might be able to find the depth setting number for you.

5. ryanhammer

ryanhammer TS Member

That would be great, thanks again everyone. RH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.