1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 Guru's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam Ogle, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Hornady 366 Guru

Upon advice: I have re-titled this thread:
    I am looking for a 366 expert who might be able to tell me if 16 gauge dies for an older Pacific/Behr blue reloader might fit into a 366.

I bought one just to get the 16 gauge dies, hoping they will fit into a 12 ga. 366 I can convert.

I am a long-time 366 user, and want a 16 gauge loader if it can be done.
    Hornady sold out their 16's years ago. If the dies will fit, I think I can get a "Rotating Plate" (I don't know the proper name) made.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

When you fab the carosel plate start with a 20 gauge plate and have someone mill the slots out to 16 gauge. The indexng points for the detent ball would be hard to get right otherwise.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. Duck

Duck Member

Jim,

Thats a great Tip!.

4. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Thanks Jim;
    Thanks, guys. I have tried different reloaders, but the 366's just seem attuned to my ways. I am a 16 fan, and have tried for a few years to find a 16 ga 366 with no luck. I will use Jim's advice, and start with a 20 gauge plate.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.