1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 Dual Mount Shot/Powder Upgrade

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Fowler, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

<a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/tradbowman/?action=view¤t=100_1713.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Just wanted to share this great upgrade with other 366 owners. It's not meant to be an advertisement for the manufacturer of this upgrade, but I think this product works so well I wanted to share my experience just as other 366 owners have done on this site with various other components and helpful add-ons.

I added these larger capacity shot and powder tubes from Basic Design Machine to one of my 366 loaders last year because I was tired of constantly filling the tubes and, frankly, I was curious to see if they worked as advertised. The large capacity shot tube holds about 26 pounds of shot. Not sure how much powder the large powder tube will hold but I can tell you I don't add powder very often....just primers!! (LOL)

At first, I was a little skeptical due to the large capacity. Because of the extra weight setting on top of the powder baffle, I thought that my powder metering would go south and that it might also create additional problems when changing powder and shot bushings. I was wrong on both counts. Powder now meters much better than ever and actually requires a smaller bushing to obtain the same powder weight, and as long as I don't have 25 pounds of shot in the shot tube, it's actually easier to change the bushings now than it was with the much smaller, more flexible/thinner factory standard 14" tubes.

Anyway, this dual mount shot and powder upgrade worked so well that Santa brought me another one for my other 366 press. Now the loader on the left stays setup for my green dot handicap loads and the loader on the right is set up for my promo/red dot singles and doubles loads.

Did I mention that another advantage I've found with the powder tubes is that they have an anti-static coating applied. Very little, if any, powder flakes ever stick to the inside of the tubes and this coating also seems to inhibit discoloration of the plastic.

Cliff Schultz

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I'm jealous, Cliff. What a beautiful setup. Is that a picture of Bob with one of his many, many trophies over on the left?

Tom

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Please provide the ordering information/website.

Thanks,

Curt

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here ya go. They post on here from time to time.

ss

5. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

JF: I think the bases and tubes run about $75.

Tom: Thanks, but my loading room (wife calls it the "man cave") as you can probably see, always looks like it's lived in, or functional, rather than on display!! Yep, that's Pop in that photo and I think he received that trophy one of the years you were MTA president.

Curt: He's in your neck of the woods, Bethlehem, PA. See above for the website. I've always spoken to Lou Engelmann who must be the owner. He's always been very helpful and accommodating.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Thanks everyone...

Curt

7. djcuda

djcuda Member

I also use the same tubes as Oldfowler and they are great.Built solid and priced right.
    Dave

8. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

I ordered mine set about 2 weeks ago, he got a little behind over the holidays, says it will be about 4 weeks, cant wait.

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Fowler, never have seen a person use those extentions to raise the loader up for room underneath for wads. Nice thought. Love the 'outside the box' thinking. Jim

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

Available for MEC as well. I'm VERY happy with my setup. Comes with a drain as well (optional).

Bruce

11. Joe O

Joe O Member

I got my oversized tube from someone else. Love mine also. Anyone remember who else makes a version of those oversized tube for the 366? I need to upgrade another loader and a have a friend who recently got a 366 he needs to upgrade.
    Joe O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hornady 366

hornady 366 large shot tubes
hornady 366 larger shot tube

hornady 366 powder and shot tubes

hornady 366 shot tube

hornady 366 tubes

hornady 366 upgrades
hornady shot & powder tubes 366