1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 366 auto loader?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Heckyea, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Has anyone used one of these? Can you tell me if they are dependable, put out good reloads etc.
    TIA
    Ron Z

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. I don't think it is possible to wear one out. If you buy one and it doesn't come with the spring loaded primer seater, buy one. It's worth it's weight in gold.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I think they are very good!

Matt

4. tulsey

tulsey Member

Very good machine for turning out quality reloads quickly. Not a good machine for experimenting with different loads, hulls, wads, powder, Bushings for powder and shot easy to change. One mistake in your loading cycle and you can have to use a lot of time clearing up the mess. There are cut offs for powder and primers, but you have to remember to turn them off and back on when you change or clear anything. If you buy and extra tool head, the machine unlike a Mec progressive, can be quickly changed between gauges. The .410 is no longer offered as a conversion, but is still made as a dedicated loader. They do not have a high resale value which makes them excellent buys on the used market Mine are mounted on baking pans so the once in a while spills are contained.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've had mine for approx. 20 years and it's been a great machine. The only replacement parts needed over the years have been the normal wear items. Once I overcame the learning curve (had a Mec Grabber), the 366 is faster with less hassle.

Curt

6. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Thank you for all the resposes. I am trying to make a deal on one now.
    I like the baking pan idea as my Mecs sure make a darn mess. It seems like every 300 rds something new pops up on my 12ga grabber and I have given up on my 28ga. I hope to replace it with a 366 today. Thanks again.
    Ron

7. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Well I own a 366 now and by some strange coincidence my mec grabber is working flawlessly! I guess the old girl is jealous and doesn't want to go down the road!
    Ron Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.