1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornady 12ga reloader HELP needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well I just happen to find a new Hornady 12ga reloader from a friend, who unfortunately does not have the manual or even have it completely set up.
    Years ago we saw it at the local shop and he had to have it,we got it back put it the loading room and used the mec600jr.
    Well he heard I was shooting trap and asked me if I wanted it so for $125 I bought it just the way we left it, but the manuals are long gone.
    I put in a few empties and started on the set up and realized I had no references to what powder to use or how much shot it would drop, I pulled the powder bushing it said hornady #429 and the shot said Pacific 1 1/8 71/2
    Can any one tell me where I can get any place to down load a manual to get specs and how to tune it before I goof it up?
    ANY HELP would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Google the co. you can buy a manual and get all info you need. Great loader you stole it! Bill

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

First determine which model - the 366 will say 366 with either Pacific or Hornady markings. If its an APEX, look at the platform. There were three generations - metal outside retention collar, plastic outside retention collar (2 pc) and plastic wad retention fingers (with no collar) or original, 3.0 and/or 3.1 generations.

Speak to a Hornady rep in service and they'll set you up with the right manual/parts guide. If you need a manual or copy of the Apex 3.0 or 3.1 and they can't deliver - I'd be glad to copy one and send it to you.

regards and enjoy,

Jay Spitz

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thanks to all so far it is an APEX I do have the right powder bushing for 700x(which is what I use in my mec. Just need to get the bushing for 1oz of 8s
    Thanks all sofar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.