1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornaday service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Just got off the phone with them. I bought a used 366 a month ago from one of the fellas here. Machine wasn't advancing the shell plate right. So I called Hornaday. Fast phone service and they're sending me a replacement part--no charge. Great customer service. Hard to find in this economy. I know of NO other industry where people are treated with such pleasantries and fairness. The gun owning community is truely a 'left-over' from past times. Jim

2. psfive

psfive Member

Part of your experience with Hornady is thier location. On top being a really great company, being from Nebraska does not hurt. Paul

3. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

psfive : I think your right, Its mostly due to the fact there from NEBRASKA

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Sturm Ruger is like that as is Dillon. I bought a ratty super blackhawk at a gunshow, figuring to spend a buck fifty to get it up to snuff. Sent it in. They replaced: barrel, ejector rod housing, ejector rod, grip frame screws, rear sight assy, some internal parts. Polished and reblued. The only way I knew it was mine was from the battered grips. Cost: shipping two ways.

Here's the best part. I sent them a letter complimenting them on their exemplary service. They sent me a letter thanking me for my letter thanking them, along with a patch and an invite to visit either plant.

I sent them a letter thanking them for the letter thanking me....

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Some people realise a gun isn't just a way to make money. It's a way to bind people together. My father always loved the guys he shot with and the people associated with shooting. As I grow older I realise more and more why he felt that way. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.