1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornaday and my 366

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

The people at Hornaday have exceeded all expectation with me. I sent my used 366 in for a 'tune-up'. They're sending it back after holding it less than a week. They've included a bunch of new extra parts and the price couldn't have been any better (if you catch my drift). They treat you like family. Those people are going to get my business every chance I get in the future. Jim

2. sasquach

sasquach Member

Pay attention PW.

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Pay attention more than PW...better include Spolar. Highest price loaders on market and they charge for every little thing.

They are top notch over there for sure. I miss my ole 366.

4. sasquach

sasquach Member

I mised my 366 too. That's why I went back. Tired of fighting that PW. Hornady doesn't have any parts that are "designed to break". I think it makes a better shell too.

5. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Im a beginner to shotshell reloading, but i picked up a 366 on the craigslist cost me 200.00, Ive now reloaded 2000 shells with it and ill have to admit i wasnt to fond of it at first it just looked to simple and even ancient, but the more i reload the more i love its simplicty and it makes a factory looking shell Bubba

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I love mine. I like my 266 even better for 16 GA.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I also love my 366 for over 25 years and so far have had 6 others purchase them thru TS.com and private owners when the come up for sale . Not much can go wrong with them and built like a tank .

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I purchased mine in 1974. Both myself and the high school trap team loaded on it. I took it back 2 yrs. ago and had a new plate, final crimper, and several other things done to it at a cost of 53.00. Won't own another loader. Can't beat the people at Hornady and the help they give you if you ever have a problem with one of their loaders.

Steve Elliott

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Add me to the list!

I inherited my 366 from my father-in-law who purchased from Pacific in early 70's. (He loaded for a whole team for years!)

It will make over 15,000 shells again this year!

I have replaced the plate (I bent it), plastic end on the primer drop, the prawl & spring and wad fingers in last two years.

When I have had issues or struggles.... its one phone call, some friendly advice and I am back to business!

SW

10. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have both a 366 (Still says Pacific on it but Hornady took it over) and an Apex. Even though they dropped the Apex line some years ago, they still could provide me with the parts I needed when I, NOTE: I said "I", created a need for them.

Let's not go deeper into that story other than to say I allow myself one mistake a year just to prove I am human. My next mistake is scheduled for the year 456.789 A.D.

One other thing to remember is that when Hornady does come out with a new improvement to the 366, it is just about always also available as an update to retrofit the older versions.

I still use both the 366 and the Apex. Even though the Apex and 366 were lower priced compared to the other progressive loaders around, they create a better looking and more consistent shell than what I see coming out of other brands, including some of the very high price ones.

Yes, Hornady, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, would rate a 15 in my book, both for support and quality. Their phone answering message is also quite unique and original and entertaining.

11. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Yep. I'm another satisfied 20 pluse years, 366 owner and I agree that Hornady quality and customer service is unsurpassed.

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Why in the heck would you go somewhere else? People that stand behind what they make and are willing to partner through with you to your satisfaction. I mean, what the hell else is there? Jim

13. checker

checker Member

Is a Cadillac the best? Not if the only dealer is Ford. Hornaday 366 is the best. If any doubt read current thread...."MIA... PW discussion thread... Pics"

[​IMG]

If you're an avid trap, skeet, sporting clays shooter or devoted bird hunter, what could be better than a day in the field? Certainly not a day at your reloading table. Which is why Hornady created the 366 Auto, a machine that cranks out low-cost reloads in a hurry, so you can spend more time shooting. It's easy. All you do is set in an empty case and wad, and then pull the operating lever. Everything else is done for you-automatically. Every stroke turns out a precisely crimped shell, fully resized to factory dimensions. The 366 Auto features full-length resizing, automatic primer feed, swing-out wad guide, three-stage Taper-Loc crimping, automatic advance to the next station, automatic ejection and one primer tube filler. Additional die sets are available in 12, 20, and 28 gauge. AND I have set of older 410 Ga dies. My 366 is set up with large 30# shot and high capacity powder Lexan tibes from Basic Design in PA....$66 for both.
    [​IMG]

14. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

Well I don't kiss mine goodnight or anything, but I sure do like it !!

15. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I got a new 366 in 1986, I have 28,20 and 12 gauge dies for it.. now that I have a mec 9000 I wouldnt give a chew of tobacco for another 366..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.