1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hornaday 366 questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I have recently acquired a couple of Hornaday 366 reloaders. One is a 20ga and the other is a 12ga. Where's the best place to acquire parts and a owners manual?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. I've never used one of these presses until yesterday and find them to be a nice press. I did notice that you need to use a nice steady stroke in order to produce a quality shell.

ec90t

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

ec90t - the owner ,anual can be found on the internet and printed out in a pdf file, parts not sure

3. cubancigar2000

here is the web site for all Hornady manuals, you buy parts direct from them

http://www.hornady.com/display.php?t=21

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks for the help guys!

I need to get a primer tray and a couple of the shot/powder tubes. I also need a 2 3/4" second stage crimper. The 12ga press has a 3" on it. It is also a Pacific (self indexing).

All I need for the 20ga is a primer tray and some powder and shot bushings.

Are the powder and shot bushings the same as what is used in the RCBS Grand reloader?

ec90t

5. 333t

333t Member

It is my understanding that RCBS, Spolar, P/W, and Hornady all use the same size bushings. The powder and shot bushings are different diameters so they can't be swapped by mistake. You can also buy an adapter that will allow the use of MEC bushings in any of these loaders.

Phil

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks Phil!

Where does on find the adapter?

ec90t

7. 333t

333t Member

See website above. Look up "conversion bushings." Whiz White may also sell these.

The Hornady powder bushings are 7/8" OD.

Phil

8. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Most parts are much cheaper to buy from either Midwayusa or Lock Stock and Barrel. The online maunals are realy parts diagrams. Call Hornady and ask for the Operation and set-up manual. Its free. All of the powder and shot bushings are interchangable with all Hornady reloaders and all post-1968 Pacific loaders. The bushings for 105, 266, 155, 200, 300, and 366 are all interchangable. Spolar bshings and RCBS bushings work fine too.

9. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

both 12 and 20 ga use 209 primers so primer tray that fits tube must be the same so you can just buy one and move it to loader in use no time lost in setup just slips on tube Jon

10. 333t

333t Member

Here is one from Midway.

Phil

11. cubancigar2000

EC - I bought an adapter at Sportsmans wearhouse, Cabelas had them also

12. cubancigar2000

I have an extra mec to pw adapter

13. 682b

682b Member

You might go to the above web site and check it out. He has some larger shot and powder tubes as well as a new style primer seater. The new seating post is spring loaded and once set you will never have to reset it for different type hulls. You will be able to load remington federal or winchester with no changes in the seating depth. $24.95 He also has some other tips for using the loader. JIM All saw was the red x in a box so here is the site. http://www.basicdesignmachine.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.