1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hopkinsville, Ky club shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Biff, I am glad you could make it. I was planning on coming to shoot and to vend. Got about 40 miles from there, and started feeling sick. I turned around, and went back home. Wasn't a kidney stone though (Thanks God), it wasn't stomach bug.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

2. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Dean's always ran a good shoot.he can also help you if you need help with shooting problems. This is a good shoot to support if you wish to shoot good targets.You will not attend a better run shoot.

Terry Dean

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Wish I could have been there! Glad to Dean is doing so well.He has sure had enough hard knocks in his life. I shot at Hop Town YEARS ago. Was raised up in Crittenden Co. Was buying components from Garon there when he was selling stuff out of his personal vehicle! If the Good Lord allows me to live long enough to retire, I will be spending part of my time in KY. The Words of Jeff Davis in his tribute to his native state still ring true in my heart(you can read them at the Jefferson Davis memorial park). You all eat a bowl of KY Burgoo and drink a mint julip for me!

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Glad to hear Dean is still a great cook!

slideaction. I'll give it to the Kentuckians when it comes to making sour mash, but Burgoo is a different story. Everybody knows the best Burgoo comes from north of the Ohio river.

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Bisi -- damn straight! SW Indiana, to be exact....

6. il shooter

il shooter Member

dean you must have been going to allege gun club and eating that oh so good banana putting . they shoot every saturday night at 6:00 pm .

7. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good shoot. I used to shoot @ Hop-town myself. Glad to hear Dean is involved. He's a great guy, and a fine shooter. Heck, I'd drive up there for the great eats if'n I was still in Nashvegas.

8. Double-D

Double-D TS Member

Thank all of you for your support. It has been 12 years since I have been involved with the shoots at the local club in Hopkinsville.
    We had many from 1992-1996 when I ran it before. Great people , great scores, fine food and fellowship. Thank all of you who came. A special thanks to Marilyn and Randell Miller who did then and again now help put these shoots on. We will have the next one in September (20-21). 1200 targets in two days, 200-16"s,-300 Hdc,-700 Doubles. We also shoot games and bird races every Saturday night. Targets are 18.00 per 100, plus ATA and KTL fees. If you are in the neighborhood or just want to get away and have a weekend of shooting come on to Hopkinsville in September. There will be six registered shoots next year of a similar format. Lessons are also available by appointment. Thank you very much and I look forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones. Sincerely, Dean DeBow

9. il shooter

il shooter Member

DEAN: Allege gun club has beeen shooting on Saturday nights for last 4 years I was wondering why you are haveing your shoots then. you have tryed this before and has not work for you looks like if you would stay on one night Friday and keep it there both clubs would be better off. I know that there has been on most of your Saturday shoots there isnt more then 6 to 8 shooters . how can that support your club. this is just a thought would like to see both clubs still running .because once they close there are gone. all clubs need to support each other to surive.

10. Double-D

Double-D TS Member

I will gladly answer your question pertaining to our Saturday night program. I have only been running the club this time,( Myself and J.R. Knight), since the first Tuesday in May 2008. I did before from 1992-1996. Our programs have always been on Saturday night, a long time before I ever started shooting and way more than 4 years. There is another club called the Todd Co.Gun Club that has been open on Friday's since the late 50's or early 60's just as we have on Saturdays. With the exception of when our club was being rebuilt from the fire and that is when Allagre opened. I will not open against Todd Co.. So Friday is not an option for us. Lastly I feel the only option we have is to put on a different program than Allagre and allow the shooters to shoot what ever program they choose. If we were not making money I would do something different. 8 or so people shooting a few hundred practice and playing a few games is worth opening for. I do understand your concern and agree whole heartedly. But there is only two nights in a weekend and three clubs. I hope I have shed some light on this issue. Thank you for your input. Sincerely, Dean DeBow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hopkinsville gun club