1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Voolfie, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Because ours is a democratic form of gov't (at least for the time being), progress is often slow and the process messy.

Additionally, we don't respond as a people...as a culture...until the shit hits the fan.

Well, I think that the feces have just impacted the blades...

It is probable that the U.S.A. will fail economically. We will default (either overtly or by inflating the currency) and there will be a radical restructuring of society - with all the upheaval that that entails.

The GOOD news is that the productive class is still 50% of the population and we will not allow ourselves to be chained to the other 50% of the population who are 'net takers'.

We have only to go on strike and we'd bring the gov't to its knees - literally overnight.

We must never forget that we are the power. Without us, there's no welfare...no food stamps...no SSDI. Without us, Congressmen can promise no new programs. Without us, the President cannot order the IRS or the ATF to intervene further in our lives.

We must never forget that WE - not Congress...not the President...WE...pay the bills.

They can do NOTHING if we determine that we're not going to play along.

They will threaten us. They will cajole us. They will call upon our "patriotism"...but what they're really trying to do is FOOL us.

They have no power over us except to the degree they make us believe they do. But we're onto them now.

Will we let them turn the U.S.A. into Greece or Argentina?

It may well be too late to stop them from running us over the cliff...but what comes after that is entirely up to us. So long as we understand that fact, our future remains in our own hands.

Keep the faith.

J.F. Wolfington
    Wilmington, DE

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Powerful post! Thank you! I'll follow you.

Kit Thomas

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

JFW, you speak for all the red blooded American. Good post. I am with you 100% Tom E.

4. psfive

psfive Member

Very well said. They buffalo us into submission. We are their bosses it's time we start acting like it. Paul in GINebraska.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Great post, behind you 100%

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Change "takers" to "looters" and you essentially have the plot to Atlas Shrugged JF.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If I may add

Voting for a President or a Senator is irrelvelant compared to the great importance in voting for the person to represent your views in Congress.

The Senators original purpose is to represent his State

The President is supposed to represent the country

The congress man or woman represents you. They are under no obligation to represent the country or anybody outside your district, just the fellow 30,000 voters in your district.

The way our Constitution works, we are the power behind this country, represented by our Congress people.

There are 535 Representatives and the beauty of that is a takes a real majority to get things done, not a group of fifty Senators and the tie breaking vote by the Vice President.

Gridlock when used correctly is a beautiful thing. Write a letter or send an email to your representative and let them know exactly what you expect from them in regards to critical issues and your best interests. They are hearing from someone. Is it a few or many? Add your voice.

We are still a majority in the House, we can tie the hands of the Liberals for four years if we make our voices heard.

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Great post. Remember who "We the people.." are. The House controls the purse strings and we control the House. The progressives will do everything to progress away from the Constitution and we will fight this battle every day if we have to. The 2nd Amendment will continually be under assault as if you control the arms you control the people. The radicals say the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right but we know that in order to form a militia we the people had the guns in their homes so we know that the people came before the militia; i.e., not quite the chicken and the egg argument. The word "infringe" as stated in the Constitution derived from the 16th century and the meaning is "to encroach on a right or privilege". This government will encroach on this right and we the people must stand our ground. BT100dc

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Donate money to the Tea Party. Combined with Citizens United-fueled outside money, they will attack the low-turnout primary elections.

Make sure you show up in those elections.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Dam buzzy, that is a lot to ask. Show up in 2 years? I don't even have a 2013 calender yet, much less a 2014. Do they even make calenders past 2012? I thought the media said the Mayan's and everybody else's said the world would end in December 2012.

If we're still around, send a text to me via my new Obama phone, I'll be sitting in a bar that day buying drinks with my disability check, and planning what to purchase for dinner that night with my reloaded EBT card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.