1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope I Was Not Burned by a Seller Here

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sako2115, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

I purchased a choke tube for a Krieghoff from "Matt" at this forum. Sent funds one month ago; he does not answer my e mails for an update. Has not done so in two weeks. Anybody else have a problem? He claimed to be ill when he first wrote back, but now I'm getting a bad feeling. Here's the thread. I bought the super full Titanium choke. Thanks, sako2115:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Krieghoff Titanium Choke Tubes For Sale
    Email: sx1skeet@xxxxx.msn.com
    Date: Sat, Feb 02, 2008 - 08:10 PM ET
    Website Address:

I have two krieghoff titanium choke tubes for sale on is K5 SF I would say means super full the other is K3 IM also would say Imp. Mod. The tubes are new never in a gun. I would like $100.00 EA and I will pay shipping. Thanks again Matt

Reply to the Forum Thread
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Feb 02, 2008 - 09:39 PM ET
    Website Address:

guys what are these worth I know what retail is $129.99. Make me an offer. Email me at sx1skeet@msn.com

Email:
    Date: Sat, Feb 02, 2008 - 10:01 PM ET
    Website Address:

sf is sold pending funds

2. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

Looks like he had 2 posts here a couple days ago. Email is still the same, so apparently he did not die from the "illness".

3. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Thanks, that's good to know...I'll retract any disparaging implicit comments when and if the tube arrives.

4. joe scout

joe scout Member

Tip, always go through a third party --- go through a gun club or your local gun dealer most will do these kinds of transactions for just the good will -- no paper work involved.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Very poor manners on the seller's part.

Please note that I'm being kind, sensitive and mannerly. What I'd like to say cannot be printed here.

Curt - Delaware

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I'm w/ Pat on the USPS. I've experienced some real poor service when using 1st class mail. Priority mail service has been very good. I get the feeling sometimes that they want to encourage use of Priority mail @4.60 a pop. I'm sure the service will improve considerably on 5/1 when the rates go up again.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Why would a rate increase improve service? that's just a snide remark with no basis in fact.

The Postal service happens to be operated by a private company.

So I guess Some CEO will get most of the rate increase.

Yes, My daughter is a mail carrier. You would not believe how much hard work is in that job.

HM

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I too have had great dealings with people on this site . Some money exchanged after the sale was completed . Always a responce back when money or parts were received and a thank you for the transactions . Only delay that I had was sending materials across the Canadian Boarder to one fellow and that was due to Customs but other than that all went well . Sorry for others grief but sometimes there is a valid reason . Shame on those that screw you and hope that their names are brought up on this site , but only when it is needed . I can`t see bashing a person that has had a problem .

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Another thing to add is I sold a barrel to a gentleman and he sent it back to me because it wasn`t exactly what he was looking for -- with an extra $15 stuck in the barrel for the inconvenience . Thats what real people are made of . I will continue to do business here and treasure the time and pleasure . AKA Dennis (NJ) . Now Ljutic 111 .

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I sent a "priority" postal money order to NC for a scope I bought. Scope was to be sent on receipt of same. After many visits to my PO and phone calls to NC, the PO MO couldn't be located! They finally found it behind a sorting desk in NC after about 10 days or so! Chit happens but the seller and I were in contact a lot during this time. Hap

11. locdoc

locdoc Member

olddrill and Curt have it right re: communication. You begin to question the other person's integrity.

That being said, I have had a less than favorable experience with the USPS. I once shipped a tray and track for a P/W to a fellow in the next state via USPS PRIORITY. A week or ten days later when he notified me that he had not received the pkg. I sent him another one. About 2 MONTHS later he calls and informs me that the first pkg. arrived. So much for Priority service !!! At the next shoot that we were both at he returned the first pkg.

Why is it we seem to remember the negative situations ?

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Doug: I agree that one tends to only remember the negatives and not the vast majority of the positive experiences. I have used the USPS many times shipping firearms that I sold and/or had repaired. Always had positive experiences. However, approximately a year ago I ordered some miscellaneous items from Briley. I waited 3 weeks for the items that Briley maintained they had shipped. I then called Briley and they forwarded me a duplicate order. Yup. Two days after Briley shipped the items the other package arrived. I called Briley and said I would ship one of the orders back. They said I should forget about it. This experience at least made me feel good about Brileys customer service. Ed

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

If the guy isn't answering his emails Curt from Delaware has it right. Bill

14. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Thanks for your support all. I hope I am totally wrong about this individual's character. I really do, and I really want my titanium choke tube for my Krieghoff. I did send a fair amount of $$$. I hope I get the choke tube and end up the "bad guy" for premature posting etc. Thanks again.

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

SAKO I can only feel your pain . I to have been burned on this site . I really think it is a sign of the times . It cost me $300 bucks and I don,t think it will cause me to not buy from the people on this site . I will just go on and remember this guy and hope I see him at a shoot one day .

Good Luck ALF-99

16. kriegazzi

kriegazzi TS Member

OH YAH! I'll be waiting ALF-99.

17. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

$100 or so dollars is only a 1st degree burn. You could have been 4th degree burned like the guy who sent $5000 to the first time poster to buy a gun from and now has no money, no gun and not any contact at all from the person he sent the money to.

18. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Yup, thank goodness so far I only have a first degree burn being out 90 bucks....heck with it all, I'm mildly miffed, I'm going kayaking on a mtn. lake this weekend and put the shooting aside for a short time..

19. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

Here is his number from a previous post: "call 308-254-5340 and ask for matt".
    I have a feeling something happened to your payment or the choke during shipping. This guy works in the gun library at the Sidney, Ne cabelas. I have dealt with him personally and would do so again.

20. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Thanks Hippo, that's reassuring. I'll give a call next week. I figured that maybe he was just a scam guy who looked for various websites in various hobbies; studies a hobby/sport a little bit, scams, then moves on. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.