1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope I don't end up having to drive this!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by neofight, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

These would be very comfy to be in during the Phoenix summers. If (HUGE if) they were ever to be exported to the U.S, by the time they passed muster through E.P.A, N.T.S.B, AFL-CIO, NAACP, NFL, Bureau of Indian Affairs, OSHA and the desk of Al Gore, they will be in line price-wise with everything else. I do wonder if my Citori will fit in the boot?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

If the UAW and Obamamotors ever get their hands on this it will cost $40,000 and get 17 MPG.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

As long as it has room for my trap gun and a few flats of shells.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

There goes the MPG.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If we do the price of gas will go to at least $20 per gallon/liter!

Company's operate on Profit!

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Room for Trap gun and shells?????

Hell 90% of Trap shooters wouldn't even fit in this car let alone have room for their gear. LOL

Matt

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I want to see any of the big dogs in this car.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If they could get it to 100 mpg, seat two people, carry groceries, and still not cost and arm and a leg, yeah, I'd get one and use it like an enclosed motorcycle for shot trips.

What I'd really like is a motorcycle with a sidecar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The prices are silly stupid on them.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Me too..i'd drive it most of the time so I could afford my one weekend outing with my guzzler

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian---Don't know the fellas name but i have seen him at the Grand and several other large Trap shoots. He has a Scooter with a rifle scabbard like they use for horseback riding to carry his Trap gun. He is a rather large fella with Leather boots to his knees and big wide brim hat. He always wears jeans no matter the temp with a t-shirt. Anyway if you can picture it thats what you need. Surely someone knows who i am describing.

Matt

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

Will it tow my bass boat ?

12. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

The link above is to the successor vehicle.

[​IMG]

(image from Autocar)

It's quite remarkable how car like it is and how achievable all the technology is.

8bhp to maintain a steady 60mph.

~150 mpg without electric support.

~300mpg with hybrid diesel electric.

If it was walking or driving one of these I know which one I'd pick.

If it was fuel independence and national prosperity, or being beholden to unsavoury regimes and bankrupt, I know one I'd pick.

Andrew.

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

how do you roll the windows down at the drive thru at chick fil a? and where's the trailer hitch? i see the need for a yakima trailer hitch gun rack. the good news is that you only have to buy one pair of custom rims for the front as you can't even see the wheels in back! good luck with it

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'd buy one if it had a side car for my wife or my trap guns---You'll see them soon---I could tow it with my Mercedes diesel and use it for around town use---
    Leave it to the Germans---Hope OBAMA is tuned in---George@SJB---

15. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'd need one of those VW's for each cheek!!

Got a deposit in on the new TESLA electric Model-S sedan. Debut in 2012. They ain't cheap but I'm not either...

Read yesterday about plans for a solar panel roof for the garage which will charge up the electric car for virtually nothing...except the cost of the roof thing. $7K or so for the deal installed. I just filled up my SUV today and it was $60. About 2 years of free electricity and that baby is paid for. Tesla will range out at about 275-300 miles. I drive 10 miles each way to work and usually a couple of miles to the bank, lunch and P.O. Couple of trips to the gun club each week at 20 miles per and I still have some juice left on a single charge. I have an RV plug at the shop so if I need to "top off the tank" I can plug it in there for a couple of hours for a full charge.

No its not my AMG car or a Corvette...but I would just love to not buy OPEC oil so much. Check it out below...it's not ugly either! Bob
    [​IMG]

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Looking at the instrument and door panels - it has some type of HVAC system and for an about town car... its pretty cool for a one-seater to the grocery, bank or range - hey the wife doesn't go anyway and the price point isn't even a buying decision - although the insurance could cost more than the car!

regards all,

Jay

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

by oil company standards the price of gas will cost approx. 34.50 a gallon.
    This may sound funny to you but that is the Idea. If you can get that many miles to the gallon then the oil companies don't need to produce as near as much oil to make the same profit. Less people and equipment. Also the politations will have you taxed by the mile from satalite so you won't excape the cost in any direction unless people finally start to take control.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was trying to think of the little car that's similar to this VW, and it's the old Messerschmitt KR200.

19. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

I'm not sure but, somewhere I read that the VW-1 is a two seater...one behind the other.

Phil

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

For a commuter in any major city, this is the way to go. It's a 4 wheel motorcycle that will keep you out of the rain. More power to them. I hope to see them soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.