1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoosiers - call Evan Bayh

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm urging all Indiana readers of this thread to call Senator Bayh and urge him to oppose Obamacare. I hear he is going to vote for it, maybe we can turn him around.

We have at least got to try.

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have emailed him at least a dozen times trying to get him to vote against it all to no avail. He is after all, a democrat and will vote with the party. If his vote doesn't follow his constituents views our only recourse is to vote him out of office. The same goes for Baron Hill.

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

If they get it passed voting them out won't matter....besides with acorn fully funded again I have my doubts about getting them removed from office.

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

It will matter! It will show the next ones to pay attention to the people!

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The final Senate vote for healthcare is going to be sometime Christmas Eve. Bayh has voted for it twice now in the Senate.

I called his office today and talked to some lady. She said he is going to vote for it again Christmas Eve. How can a Senator from Indiana support this with all the bribes and paybacks going to Lousiana, Nebraska, Conn. Why should taxpayers from Indiana pay for Medicare in those other states.

I'm urging everybody to call Bayh and tell him to oppose it because it takes money from Hoosiers and sends it to other states. Why should we have to pay for Harry Reid's bribes?

If one lousy Democrap would vote against this thing we can stop it. Let's make Evan Bayh be the one.

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I called him and emailed him for the umpteenth time. My next contact involving him will be when I vote against him and Baron Hill. What a pair of idiots.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I just got through calling him again. Got an answering machine this time. I left my name and number with 1 question. Why should Hoosier taxpayers be forced to pay for Harry Reid's bribes to Senators from Nebraska, Louisiana, Conn.?

Isn't Evan Bayh's job to represent and protect Hoosier interest, and not to a lap dog for some 2nd tier Winnemucca lounge act like Harry Reid.

Bisi

P.S. nothing against Winnemucca - it's a great town.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

pinky is from Searchlight, not Winnemucca. Any reference would be an insult to those fine people......

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I just got through calling him again. Got an answering machine this time. I left my name and number with 1 question. Why should Hoosier taxpayers be forced to pay for Harry Reid's bribes to Senators from Nebraska, Louisiana, Conn.?

Isn't Evan Bayh's job to represent and protect Hoosier interest, and not to a lap dog for some 2nd tier Winnemucca lounge act like Harry Reid.

Bisi

P.S. nothing against Winnemucca - it's a great town.

10. bocephus

bocephus Member

pinky is from Searchlight, not Winnemucca. Any reference would be an insult to those fine people......

11. gary l lewis

gary l lewis TS Member

The only thing open to us is to vote those who do not respond to the majority of their own state's people wishes out of office and give some young blood a shot at enacting laws that fit our state's needs. I am a veteran of VN (69-70) with over six years active duty, an hate to see our elected officials ignore our wishes. thank you for your attention. Gary L. Lewis

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

bocephus, I didn't know where Harry was from in Nevada so I used Winnemucca because it sounded better with "Lounge Act". "Harry Reid the Searchlight Lounge Act". or "Harry Reid the Winnemucca Lounge Act" Neither not bad.

Lounge acts aren't headline performers and old Harry is a 2nd tier lounge act that can't make it in the big time.

Again no offense to Winnemucca, been there several times and always enjoyed my stay.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Evan Bayh is a hopeful for a Dem. presidential nomination someday, and he knows he cannot be on the "wrong side of history" on Barack Obama's signature legislation.

I've emailed him several times, but he is what he is.

The real test for Bayh will be on Cap'n Trade. That one stabs a dagger right into the heart of Indiana, since I believe we are something like the 2nd biggest coal-consuming state in the nation. If he goes down and fellates Obama on that one, well...we're going to...do absolutely nothing, because Hoosiers are too stupid to vote on the basis of anything other than name recognition. It's true. Once somebody's name becomes well-known here, he's in for life (probably like most other states).

14. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Buzz, I agree up to a point. We did finally get tired of his dad and boot his butt out the door. Maybe we can do the same for Evan and Baron Hill.

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's the cult of personality, not substance that people vote. It's the singer not the song, it's the sizzle not the steak. How else do you explain people like Paris Hilton, and Evan Bayh.

Evan Bayh grew up in DC and went to school there. When he finally was told that he might think about getting a job he headed back to Indiana. He came back to Indiana and was handed a road map and a history book on Indiana, because he knew nothing of either. He won his first office, something like Secretary of state or something similar, running on the issue of - my name is Bayh. People ate it up like hotdogs on the 4th of July. 2 years later he runs on the same platform and wins the governorship. Ran on the same issue to become Senator 8 to 10 years later. Meanwhile his wife without any real job experience becomes a director of Indy based Wellpoint and makes millions. Do you think she earned that through hard work or because she had the name of Bayh?

Does anybody else remember Evan's dad - Birch? Old Birch would only come back to Indiana when it was election time. They would run those ads showing Birch on an old tractor wearing a white shirt and tie, a la Oliver Douglas from "Green Acres".

Evan Bayh portrays himself as being the moderate democrap, the democrap with some common sense. Well this healthcare bill is going to prove to us that there is no such thing as a moderate democrap. They are all far left commies.

30 years ago I spent the summer and fall of 1980 working as a volunteer for the Quayle for Senate campaign, and riding Ronald Reagan's (the last great president) coat tails Birch Bayh was defeated. I guess I will have to do a little volunteering again this year.

16. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I must have got on his mailing list from all of the emails I have sent him. Its obvious no one in his office pays attention to what we are saying because his emails keep saying how important it is to maintain Indiana's hardworking heritage and oppose all of this deficit spending! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! He keeps following the party line. I've also called him so many times I'm afraid I'll get a Christmas card from him. I told the last person I talked to that I would actively campaign for his opponent in the next election if he didn't start acting like a real Hoosier!!!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.