1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honoring a veteran as he is laid to rest

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tumbleweed, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

I really like this picture.

My niece has been helping a VFW group with military burial rights as a trumpet player. Her grandfather is a Vietnam vet and he has been asking her to assist with several military burials. I do not know the vet that is being honored but I am proud of my niece for using her talents in this way. Thanks Holly!

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/3miles/?action=view&current=Holly.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

There is a True American for sure,tell her to keep up the great work.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Yes, tell her thanks for wnat she does.

A friend of mine plays the bagpipes, and he says the greatest moment of his life was when he was asked to play them at the funeral of Roy Rogers.

The people that give their time and talents to the gone but not forgotten vets are special people indeed, thanks to all of em.

GNe J

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

God Bless your neice Holly. What a shining example of todays youth, she's better than one in a million. Wish I could see what she is like 30 years from now. She is an out standing citizen already. Best wishes, Bob

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

At my father's burial, the local VFW did not have anyone to play Taps so they came with a boom box and a tape recording. So glad that your niece is doing this. BTW, as an retired Air Force Major, I always remember the organ player in the funeral home playing the Air Force Hymn as we carried him out. "Off we go into the wild blue yonder..."

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Nice thread. Good girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.