1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honor WWII Vets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I saw a piece on Fox News yesterday about an Air Force Captain, currently a physician, who saw that WWII vets are dying off at the rate of over 1000 a day. He organized a flight of small airplanes carrying 12 local WWII vets to visit their memorial in Washington D.C. who had never been there. This gesture has blossomed into chapters providing the same service in many places with free travel and expenses to these vets on commercial air lines. Take a peek at the information in the above web page and see if maybe you can find some "disposable income" to share with these efforts for the "finest generation ever."

Do, breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

PBS is currantly running a series about "The War".

3. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

"The War" is excellent like most things Ken Burns puts out.
    I am a Vet and I owe everything I am able to be to my Grandfathers that fought in the most important War on the Global scale. WWII

They truly are and were the "Greatest Generation"!

4. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Rebel,
    Some of us do care. My grandfather saw the Philippines in WWII. I for one, haven't forgotten.

Thank you,

Shawn

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Not only WWII vets, but Korean War as well. And don't forget that some Korean War vets were recalled WWII vets, many of whom had started a career, business and/or a family, unlike the younger draftees later in the war. These guys served their country twice over, and some got KIA.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They may not be remember by all but are remembered and appreciated by many. If you want a good read get "Flags of our Fathers". It's our responsibility to keep these memories alive.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.