1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HONOR SHOOT-GEORGE LEISURE- MINNESOTA-MAY 12, 2012

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by handlepuller, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

George is a hell of a guy. He was always so friendly to me as a kid at shoots. I'll always remember and be grateful for that.

Don't know if I can make the 12th, may be fishing, but tell him hi for me.

John Houle

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This is such a great gesture to honor George and spend the day reminiscing about years past. And, I'm sure George has some interesting stories to tell.

Nice job Bob, Kent, Kathy and everybody involved at Beaverbrook. It should be a fun time.

See ya there.

Jim W

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

George is a helluva guy (ditto the above)!

Tell him "Hi from Whiz in South Dakota." He and I have BS'ed many a time at shoots in SD.

Whiz

4. t-bar

t-bar Member

First time I shot Beaverbrook, George and Vern Atwater were on our squad. Wish we could be there. Please give George our best, glad to hear he is doing better.

Tom @ Barb Rocheford

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Just want to say thanks to all who are making this a great day for George. Wish I could be there but I'm in Tucson preparing to watch my daughter Kelsey prepare for and shoot in the final Olympic trials.

Shoot good all, good luck to George and wish him well. Special thanks to Bob Wiltse for making this happen. It looks like God has smiled on the event as the weather is supposed to be great.

Mark Zauhar

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Just want to say thanks to all who are making this a great day for George. Wish I could be there but I'm in Tucson preparing to watch my daughter Kelsey prepare for and shoot in the final Olympic trials.

Shoot good all, good luck to George and wish him well. Special thanks to Bob Wiltse for making this happen. It looks like God has smiled on the event as the weather is supposed to be great.

Mark Zauhar

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Its a great day to be out shooting targets and honoring one of our local shooters.

Bob, great job to you and the staff at Beaverbrook that are making this happen.

Jimmy Bowen

8. kik by kolar

kik by kolar TS Member

A quote from George many years ago," boy i'ved missed more targets than you'll ever shoot at". That boy was me.

Kent

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wow! great day on the range. George looked great. I'm sure he could have handled a round of singles. Great smile... An asset to MN trapshooting and to his home club of BeaverBrook. Thanks to all that put the quality shindig together. What few of yo know is that I was able to buy a couple of George's MX3s. That was a few years back now, but they were re-furbed and sent out to new trap ranges to serve yet one more productive life. Thanks for those George. And George, I know you had several MX3s... Would you, by chance have one left? Lotta interest on those guns still. Lemme know..

And Kathi, Bob, and Kent (et al) Thanks for a great shoot. Well run, a terrific spread for lunch, an perfectly set targets. And I LOVE those all orange White Flyers against a Spring green b/g. they produced STARSHOT hits that suggested the exploding Olympic targets. Really, you had to be there to see the kaleidoscope breaks. I loved the experience.

Thanks.

Jack

10. whiz white

Would like to see the pictures of the shoot and George, of course.

Whiz

11. whiz white

That stately tall guy on the left is Tom Hamann of SC, IA.

Tom was just here last week, I believe it was, and we met for coffee. He's a helluva gentleman and I always enjoyed his company at shoots, and now when he's here visiting his son.

We argue about who buys lunch, but as long as he's a guest here in RC, I buy and there's no discussion. When I get to SC, Tom, you can buy.

Nice folks you have there in your photos and the BEST to George.

Whiz White<BR>
    Rapid City

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

You folks that planned and organized this should be commended, excellent job.

George is one of the guys you always wanted to see at a shoot. Didn't matter the weather, let's shoot.

Wish I could have been there.

Rick Nelson

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Those were terrific targets Bob. Took 98 to win in caps. But I can still see the kaleidoscope breaks in my memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.